Samsung music

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Groundhog 23 Feb 2024

I have samsung music on my A12. When I make a new playlist it plays the first track then randomly selects a track from my library. As this contains everything from recent pop to Shakespeare plays It can be very annoying. Is there a way to get it to play tracks in the order they are in the playlist?

Thanks in anticipation.  

GradeAle 25 Feb 2024
In reply to Groundhog:

Is there a randomize option that is checked?

OP Groundhog 26 Feb 2024
In reply to GradeAle:

Not sure what you mean by that. I have been advised to select a tune from a playlist and disable the shuffle symbol in the lower left corner, so that it has a line through it. But even if I do this for every track in the playlist it still plays tracks randomly from the entire library.

I'm seriously considering binning Samsung Music and going for another app.

artif 26 Feb 2024
In reply to Groundhog:

VLC

> I'm seriously considering binning Samsung Music and going for another app.

In reply to Groundhog:

What does the 'Queue' show (the button above the left of the progress bar)?

What is the [<three dots>/Settings/Queue settings] option set to? 'Play all tracks'? or 'Play selected track'?

john arran 26 Feb 2024
In reply to Groundhog:

> Not sure what you mean by that. I have been advised to select a tune from a playlist and disable the shuffle symbol in the lower left corner, so that it has a line through it. But even if I do this for every track in the playlist it still plays tracks randomly from the entire library.

I don't know Samsung Music but from your description what might be happening is that turning shuffle off for a particular track means that it will never be selected if the app is randomly selecting tracks to play. This can be helpful for stopping a 'learn chinese' podcast from ruining your party! 

But there could be a more general shuffle setting in the menus that tells it whether to shuffle at all, i.e. whether to choose the next track randomly (as opposed to moving onto the next one in your library or in your playlist). If you haven't found that option and turned it off, I expect it might be causing the frustrating behaviour you're seeing (or hearing!)

OP Groundhog 27 Feb 2024
In reply to Groundhog:

Thanks for the replies so far. Unfortunately non of the options suggested seem to work for me.

artif, I may try VLC. If I download that do all my tracks automatically transfer or do I have to select each one? 

In reply to Groundhog:

> If I download that do all my tracks automatically transfer 

Transfer from what? Where are your tracks stored?

OP Groundhog 28 Feb 2024
In reply to captain paranoia:

Where are your tracks stored?   Samsung Music

In reply to Groundhog:

Is that physically on the phone, in local memory, or is that a cloud-based service, or subscription-based streaming service? Did you load media files onto your phone, either from your own music collection, or paid for downloads?

Streaming services often allow you to create a 'library', which is nothing more than a big playlist of pointers to the tracks in their server.

OP Groundhog 29 Feb 2024

Physically on the phone. 

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a pal who is very good at this sort of thing. Maybe he can help me out. Watch this space.

In reply to Groundhog:

If it's on the phone, in a nicely ordered file structure, you should just be able to point any decent media player app at the appropriate location.

Hopefully your pal can sort you out. The only setting I could find on Samsung Music that might cause what you experience, I pointed out earlier.

OP Groundhog 01 Mar 2024

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. FYI very little in my life is "in a nicely ordered structure"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...