Old Climber Magazines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 05 Feb 2020

Hello,

Any suggestions for what to do with old climber magazines? (2007-2011ish.) I'm having a clear out and realised I'm not going to read them again. Default is recycling, but if there's any other suggestions that make use of the info I'm all ears.

Wingnut 05 Feb 2020
In reply to jonnie3430:

Put them on the for sale/wanted forum on here, either free or for a small donation to mountain rescue?

RM199 05 Feb 2020
In reply to jonnie3430:

Try giving them to a local wall? I used to really enjoy reading old mags at the wall well having a breather but most of the ones I’ve been to recently seem to have got rid of them. Sad

Le Sapeur 05 Feb 2020
In reply to jonnie3430:

I tried to give away lots of magazines a while back with no luck. The pile included High 1-100 and lots of American mags. Maybe 600 magazines in total. Nobody wanted them (including my local charity shop) so I ended up dumping them.

overdrawnboy 05 Feb 2020
In reply to jonnie3430:

I was hopeful for a minute that someone had started a magazine for old climbers.

graeme jackson 05 Feb 2020
In reply to jonnie3430:

I advertised a few boxes full 1977 - 2005ish free on here. Someone came to my house and took them away. 2 happy people

Snyggapa 05 Feb 2020
In reply to overdrawnboy:

I had the same thought.. in a place a big as the internet, there's room for every fetish

Andy Hardy 05 Feb 2020
In reply to overdrawnboy:

Is "Loose Scree" still going?

Edit:  looks like it http://www.loosescree.co.uk/

Post edited at 20:38
 Rik 06 Feb 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

I believe that, unfortunately, the final edition was published last summer. A shame.

Rik

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...