No ho ho haulage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

http://news.sky.com/story/emergency-talks-to-prevent-christmas-food-shortag...

Wonderful Christmas cheer to all .

☹️

I've set up a teabag washing line in my kitchen already.   Just when you knew it could get much worse, the gift that keeps on giving.

Good luck with the sh1tshow and isolation everyone.

TWS

girlymonkey 21 Dec 2020
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

I'm imagining fights over the brussel sprouts! The evil veg which no one likes but feels the need to endure. Lol

In reply to girlymonkey:

> I'm imagining fights over the brussel sprouts! The evil veg which no one likes but feels the need to endure. Lol

I love sprouts. 

veteye 21 Dec 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

I seem to remember that we did without last year, and not only without them this year, but also without either turkey, or the venison that I was going to buy. (I bought a free range, corn-fed (or is that con fed) chicken last week and froze it after hearing someone on the radio say that such a chicken is more tasty than a large turkey, thinking that I may be on my own, but may decide to celebrate solo-style.)

My normal big eating day is usually Boxing day, and I may stick to the usual on Christmas day, of having a bowl of soup at lunch time, and then going out for a bike ride, though the roads may not be as quiet as usual this year. Anyway I have some tinned soup, even if the supermarkets are caught out by the Dover blockade.

wintertree 21 Dec 2020

I’ll tell you what though.

It looks like we’ve got ourselves a convoy.

Post edited at 07:59
 Red Rover 21 Dec 2020
In reply to wintertree:

Yeah, breaker one-nine
This here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me Pig Pen, c'mon?
Uh, yeah, Ten-Four Pig Pen, fer sure, fer sure

Andy Hardy 21 Dec 2020

> I love sprouts. 

You can have mine - merry Christmas 😉

ianstevens 21 Dec 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

You might regret that in a week or so when they're the only foodstuff left in the UK

In reply to ianstevens:

> You might regret that in a week or so when they're the only foodstuff left in the UK

The new bitcoin.   Vego-currency.

mondite 21 Dec 2020

great. I expect the shelves to be stripped bare again whilst anyone working gets to wonder what random leftovers will still be on the shelves after people prepare to fill up the recycling bins.

GrahamD 21 Dec 2020

This is serious. It looks like nowhere else is allowing travellers from the UK.  Who's faces can we now wave our proud blue passports at from the slow queue, if swarthy Jonny foreigner is not letting us in ?

Graeme G 21 Dec 2020

> I love sprouts. 

Especially fried in butter with pancetta once their cooked 😋 

ianstevens 21 Dec 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> This is serious. It looks like nowhere else is allowing travellers from the UK.  Who's faces can we now wave our proud blue passports at from the slow queue, if swarthy Jonny foreigner is not letting us in ?

Wave it at them anyway and speak loudly and slowly to help them understand we are a strong independent nation and can do whatever the f*ck we want?

ianstevens 21 Dec 2020
In reply to mondite:

Money saving tip: find out which of your neighbours is a stockpiler and raid their bins in week

Myfyr Tomos 21 Dec 2020

Psst... Wanna buy some toilet rolls?

Robert Durran 21 Dec 2020

> I love sprouts. 

So do I. Only good thing about Christmas.

Ridge 21 Dec 2020

On the plus side Aldi are selling 2.3kg crates of clementines for 2 quid, parsnips for a few pence and cabbages for 14p. Looks like there's a glut of food at present.

graeme jackson 21 Dec 2020
In reply to Robert Durran:

> So do I. Only good thing about Christmas.

so do I . However, they're not the only good thing about Christmas. It's a happy time of the year when we get to celebrate the birth of .....................................

My son, born 10 weeks early and on life support for a month or so, now rapidly approaching his 30th birthday

Andy Gamisou 21 Dec 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

>  Who's faces can we now wave our proud blue passports at from the slow queue, if swarthy Jonny foreigner is not letting us in ?

Can't you use Zoom for this sort of thing?

AllanMac 21 Dec 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

Agree sprouts are evil when boiled - but are very tasty when cut in half, lightly steamed, then stir fried in butter and a bit of salt until seared on the outside.

David Myatt 21 Dec 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

Our sprouts are still growing, and plenty of them!

AndyC 21 Dec 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

> Wave it at them anyway and speak loudly and slowly to help them understand we are a strong independent nation and can do whatever the f*ck we want?

Also, point out our virus is 70% more effective than anyone else's! Britain on top again! 

(Meanwhile, my Norwegian colleagues are queuing up to tell me I will never see home again!)

Dr.S at work 21 Dec 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

> Money saving tip: find out which of your neighbours is a stockpiler and raid their bins in week

Where does Wintertree live, and does he have a 12 bore?

In reply to Graeme G:

> Especially fried in butter with pancetta once their cooked

Yeah. Pick out the sprouts, and that sounds lovely...

wintertree 21 Dec 2020
In reply to Dr.S at work:

I spent a fair bit of the weekend servicing my defence grid and checking out the backup services.  It took a while to find the 4,000 farad capacitors.  I’m not telling you if they’re part of the defence grid or for the backup power though.

Re: Kent - the refer lorries with food in are easy to spot - look for the big white heat exchangers on the front or roof of the trailer.

Post edited at 16:53
 fred99 21 Dec 2020
In reply to AndyC:

> Also, point out our virus is 70% more effective than anyone else's! Britain on top again! 

> (Meanwhile, my Norwegian colleagues are queuing up to tell me I will never see home again!)

The way things are going you may not want to.

Dr.S at work 21 Dec 2020
In reply to wintertree:

> I spent a fair bit of the weekend servicing my defence grid and checking out the backup services.  It took a while to find the 4,000 farad capacitors.  I’m not telling you if they’re part of the defence grid or for the backup power though.

I hope those are hardened against an EMP?

> Re: Kent - the refer lorries with food in are easy to spot - look for the big white heat exchangers on the front or roof of the trailer.

Pah! I’ve seen the Walking Dead, those ones are full of walkers - you won’t get me so easy!

Post edited at 17:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...