Microplastics found in every human placenta tested in study

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 24 Mar 2024
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Did they store the samples in those little plastic test tubes like we got in covid test kits?  

kinley2 25 Mar 2024

> Confirmed. We're all full of microplastics.

That could be big problem.

We might need to stop sending our mortal remains to incinerator/landfill now.....probably needs to be recycling.

Dave Garnett 25 Mar 2024
In reply to JLS:

> Did they store the samples in those little plastic test tubes like we got in covid test kits?  

You joke, but when I see a 100% result that’s the sort of question that occurs to me.

felt 25 Mar 2024
In reply to Dave Garnett:

When I see a 100% result I knock on Mr Biro's door.

montyjohn 25 Mar 2024

Next question is whether it's a big problem or not? Probably a lot harder to know without lots of testing on identical twins with one twin born and raised pre-plastic.

Lankyman 25 Mar 2024
In reply to montyjohn:

> Next question is whether it's a big problem or not? Probably a lot harder to know without lots of testing on identical twins with one twin born and raised pre-plastic.

Don't be daft, you'd have to have kept one frozen as an embryo from before 1933 and make sure it wasn't stored in a tupperware tub. You've really not thought this through.

Dave Garnett 25 Mar 2024

I wonder whether anyone on here has access to the cited paper (in Toxicological Science) and could comment on how they did their negative controls?  I've read the abstract, and I don't doubt there's the potential for a problem here, but I find it hard to imagine how all the clinical samples were collected and stored in a way that excluded contact with clinical plastics.

In reply to JLS:

I'm beginning to miss cigarette packets and fag ends; at least they were cellophane, cardboard, foil, paper and fibre, which will eventually break down. Now the streets are littered with discarded metallised PET packets from vapes, and the disposable vapes themselves.

birdie num num 25 Mar 2024

Soon we'll be able to 3D print ourselves 

Beazy 25 Mar 2024

Yet single-use plastics still aren't banned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...