Lovely new things for me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I sold some old studio equipment the other day and made a nice profit on it to boot, so I decided to treat myself. 

I brought myself a Native instruments Maschine Mikro MK3 which is an ace bit of kit, really powerful, having fun with that. Sampler, beat maker, synthesizer and sequencer, all in one.  It's great for generating ideas fast.  

I also decided to complete my line up with a brand new bass guitar. Ibenez TM100 in mint green .

That's being delivered today. 

They have some brilliant deals on music equipment . I've brought 3 software synthesizers and vocoda's recently before buying these and the software synthesizers are just amazing 

Looking at microphones and monitors on the horizon.   

Not feeling guilty about buying them either.  I deserve them .  😀

The joys of single adulthood..  🤔

TWS

Post edited at 06:31
 Route Adjuster 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Who are you buying off?  Online somewhere I presume....

In reply to Route Adjuster:

The Native instruments gear from Amazon and the bass from GAK.

Software from plugin boutique.

bpmclimb 14 Aug 2020

Congratulations! Musical instruments and gear is a great way to spend money

BTW I don't suppose you want to buy my SWR Super Redhead combo to go with your new bass? It would make a nice, Christmassy colour scheme .....

coinneach 14 Aug 2020

What home recording software would you recommend ? I had a go with ableton a few years ago and failed miserably. Needs to be as simple as possible!

philipivan 14 Aug 2020

Is that similar to an ableton? I was looking at those but they are super expensive! Do you have a way of recording across multiple instruments, I'd really like to do some recording but don't know where to start (elec guitar, bass, voice, elec piano)

In reply to bpmclimb:

> Congratulations! Musical instruments and gear is a great way to spend money

> BTW I don't suppose you want to buy my SWR Super Redhead combo to go with your new bass? It would make a nice, Christmassy colour scheme .....

Thanks but I've no need of an amp.  I've got guitar rig and a rack. It's only going to be used in the studio .

In reply to coinneach:

> What home recording software would you recommend ? I had a go with ableton a few years ago and failed miserably. Needs to be as simple as possible!

I use tracktion7 .  

It's free or you can upgrade to waveform and get a tonne of extra stuff but for just a useable DAW tracktion7 has everything there. All fully functional.

In reply to philipivan:

> Is that similar to an ableton? I was looking at those but they are super expensive! Do you have a way of recording across multiple instruments, I'd really like to do some recording but don't know where to start (elec guitar, bass, voice, elec piano)

The maschine Mikro is the slimmed down version of the maschine proper.  

Tracktion7 is more like Ableton. 

The maschine software itself has a basic song arrangements system for playing back patters and sequences. You get 8 gigs of software and synths to begin with which can be played through the pads  .  That's drum kits, synthesizers, bass's

Guitars etc.  I've still not explored them all yet after several days of having the unit .

What equipment do you have and what do you want to make ?  

Here's a short video of the maschine in use.

He's not even scratching the surface sound wise either.  Plus you can sample you own stuff into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYSowSqOMw4&

Post edited at 11:41
 philipivan 14 Aug 2020

I've got the instruments mentioned but(elec guitar, bass, voice, elec piano) but nothing else to connect them up or process or record anything. 

Main issue is time and working full time and looking after 2 kids half the time doesn't give masses of time to get setup, so I'm not in a hurry. If I did have a setup I might use it quite a bit. 

Haven't watched your video yet but I'll have a look. What kind of music are you producing?

coinneach 14 Aug 2020

Thank you 

I will have a wee look

😊

In reply to philipivan:

> Haven't watched your video yet but I'll have a look. What kind of music are you producing?

I make all sorts of music . Tends to be strange electronic stuff, ambient , drones, soundtrack like.

The bits I've recorded anyway.  

dread-i 14 Aug 2020

>I make all sorts of music . Tends to be strange electronic stuff, ambient , drones, soundtrack like.

I like to listen to that sort of thing, especially when I'm working.

I was looking at the Korg Volca bass to fiddle with. I have a synth, with a sequencer, guitar, desk and a few other bits and bobs. I've got a background in music & sound engineering, but little time. It does seem like a neat toy, that can be driven by midi and produce all those old 303 whoops, bleeps and sweeps, as well as phat bass.

Lots of stuff on youtube.

Post edited at 14:44
In reply to dread-i:

> >I make all sorts of music . Tends to be strange electronic stuff, ambient , drones, soundtrack like.

> I like to listen to that sort of thing, especially when I'm working.

I uploaded this earlier this year.

https://soundcloud.com/thesecretsoffauna/sets/a-ordinance-ritual?ref=clipbo...

I quite like it , nothing complex but nice all the same.

> I was looking at the Korg Volca bass to fiddle with. I have a synth, with a sequencer, guitar, desk and a few other bits and bobs. I've got a background in music & sound engineering, but little time. It does seem like a neat toy, that can be driven by midi and produce all those old 303 whoops, bleeps and sweeps, as well as phat bass.

Yeah I looked at the volcas a few years ago but in the end didn't think I'd get the use out of it.  I did get a cheap mini korg that's ok as a small controller.  My main controller keyboard is an access virus kB simulated analog , it's lovely with mahogany endbells .Rare nowadays.  

Post edited at 15:05
 BusyLizzie 15 Aug 2020

> Looking at microphones and monitors on the horizon.   

> Not feeling guilty about buying them either.  I deserve them .  😀

What a treat to hear you say that. You certainly do. Have a great time making music!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...