Live birds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 16 Sep 2023

Great white and a little egret, few minutes ago. 

Billhook 16 Sep 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Great shot! You can certainly see why it’s called’great’!

McHeath 16 Sep 2023

Great photo!

Puzzled by the title though - are you planning a “dead birds” thread? Looking forward to doing some photostalking with 100% chances of success for a change

In reply to McHeath:

Live = in real time. I’ve been phone scoping so if I get data (not always possible when I’m in the middle of a salt marsh!) then I can post photos in real time. They’re not the highest of quality, but all good fun. Also saw 4 spotted redshanks, greenshank and best of all, a Merlin chasing a pipit straight over my head! Managed a few shots once it had passed - fast little blighters !  
Another phone-scoped curlew sandpiper. 
What’s a complete pain in the backside is the phone clamp puts pressure on my phone causing it to ‘burst’, so I get ten photos which fills up my phone pretty quick (I zoom in quite a bit, so the birds often walk out of view by the time the 3 second timer has worked).  So it’s usually ten rubbish photos. I can end up taking a few hundred rubbish photos in a few minutes. And it drains your battery. 

Post edited at 19:06

Michael Hood 17 Sep 2023

Very considerate of them to appear in the same frame for comparison purposes but you really could have done with a Grey Heron in there as well (I know, just colour in the Great White 😁)

In reply to Michael Hood:

> Very considerate of them to appear in the same frame for comparison purposes but you really could have done with a Grey Heron in there as well (I know, just colour in the Great White 😁)

There was a grey heron there for about ten seconds, arrived just as I was faffing with the phone. There must have been a shoal of fish fry, there was a mini feeding frenzy going on. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...