How to book covid vaccine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 henwardian 17 May 2021

Anyone know how to book one if you don't know who your GP is or what your NHS number is?

I'm pretty sure I already fell through the automated net because was earlier contacted by the Orkney vaccine centre and I've not lived there for a few years.

OP henwardian 17 May 2021
In reply to Mike Stretford:

Thanks but I live in Scotland so I don't think that will work.

In reply to henwardian:

In your case it has to be via the helpline - 0800 030 8013. I don’t think you need to know your CHI number. 

Mike-W-99 17 May 2021
In reply to henwardian:

If your in highland now then it’s your local gp practice that it’s organised through. Lothian is a letter, unsure about the others

Post edited at 19:00
 Dax H 17 May 2021
In reply to henwardian:

I just rang my doctor. I didn't even know I had an NHS number until I looked in to booking a jab. 

Mr Lopez 18 May 2021
In reply to henwardian:

Contact the Orkney vaccine centre and explain the situation They should at least be able to tell you who your GP is, and then a phone call to the GP will give you your NHS number.

subtle 18 May 2021
In reply to henwardian:

I'm in East Ayrshire and still waiting to be contacted with regards the vaccine - EA issue letters, not received one yet though  

elsewhere 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle & henwardian:

I was over eager and impatient so I phoned. 

0800 030 8013 <-- NHS Scotland vaccination helpline. It's supposed to be to rearrange or opt out but they were happy to tell me the date/time/location before my blue envelope arrived.

henwardian - assuming you are still in Scotland, rearrange to suitable location?

In reply to henwardian:

> Anyone know how to book one if you don't know who your GP is

Are you not registered with a GP surgery? Anywhere? Never been registered?

subtle 18 May 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

> I was over eager and impatient so I phoned. 

> 0800 030 8013 <-- NHS Scotland vaccination helpline. It's supposed to be to rearrange or opt out but they were happy to tell me the date/time/location before my blue envelope arrived.

Thanks - will give them a phone!

supersteve 18 May 2021
In reply to henwardian:

They have just opened the vaccine up to the general population here in France - it was easy to get an appointment. All my wife and I had to do is have a couple of computer screens open each on different websites and continually refresh until dates and times came available. Simple (not). Although once we got lucky, the jabs were quick (my wife secured her appointment yesterday morning for lunchtime, and I secured mine yesterday for this morning - plus the first thing they do when you arrive is book you for your 2nd jab). Just a shame it is such a lottery as so many will be missing out. 

OP henwardian 18 May 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Thanks to elsewhere and everyone else.

Turns out that my first attempts to use the NHS site failed because I was registered in Orkney and Orkney is a different country for NHS purposes so I need to register for a new GP before I can even request a vaccination date. Sent in the form for the registration today so hopefully in a few weeks to months I'll be able to request a date for my first shot.

In reply to supersteve:

Haha, sounds like an awesome system. But lets look on the bright side - at least that system prioritises those most driven to get the vaccine

In reply to captain paranoia:

> Are you not registered with a GP surgery? Anywhere? Never been registered?

Turns out last time I was registered was in Orkney.

It's tricky when you move around a lot, you forget which agencies have what address for you. Still, on the plus side, it makes it hard for debt collection agencies, tax agents and police officers to find you ;D

yorkshireman 18 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

> They have just opened the vaccine up to the general population here in France - it was easy to get an appointment. 

I'm not sure where you are based but I'm up in the Vercors outside Grenoble and haven't been able to get a slot yet, although being under 50 I'm only able to get the unused, next 24 hour appointments.

These appear at random times and I've found a few but they're often 150km/2hrs drive away. The few that appear in Grenoble are snapped up straight away. I'm using the VitMaDose app/site which consolidates the various other sites but I guess has a delay while the data is synced.

It should open up for my age group in about a month but I'm really keen to get vaccinated now so that I can travel (need to go to NL for an essential work thing, and would like to visit my mum in the UK who has had both cancer and now Alzheimers since I last saw her over a year ago).

supersteve 18 May 2021
In reply to yorkshireman:

We live in Fontainebleau, so were checking Doctolib and Keldoc. Eventually got our slots via Keldoc. It appeared they were releasing slots on the hour every hour so thats when I'd suggest looking. The small local vaccination centre in Melun where I went is processing up to 1,000 per day now which is impressive, so they appear to be increasing things. I am still under the 40 bracket (for 2 more weeks) but there was a wide range of ages at the centre today. 

Keep trying and I'm sure you will get a slot. 

yorkshireman 19 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

> Keep trying and I'm sure you will get a slot. 

Just managed to get one for the morning in Grenoble and the great thing is they force you to book the second one too at the same time. The experience was like repeatedly trying to book concert tickets for a sellout event! 

Will believe it when it's finally in my arm but good news. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...