Food banks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 skog 16 Mar 2020

Just a little reminder, while you're stocking up, that there are those who have a lot more difficulty even just getting their daily food, never mind putting aside a couple of weeks worth.

Please consider buying a little extra and putting it in the food bank collection, or donating money to your local food bank - they're doing critical work, and the current situation must be putting them under incredible stress.

two_tapirs 16 Mar 2020
In reply to skog:

One downvote on this? Really? Please explain why, I'm genuinely baffled as to what merits this.

Blue Straggler 16 Mar 2020
In reply to two_tapirs:

A dislike is not always a disagreement. Someone might be disliking the situation being reported. On Facebook, there is an "angry" emoji or whatever they are called. This seems mostly to be used when something "bad" is reported in a user's post, and the "angry" emoji is used in order to agree that the "bad thing" needs reporting. 

I imagine some people are treating the "dislike" button here, in the same way.

Chris H 16 Mar 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I volunteer in a foodbank and we are going to try and stay open for as long as possible but a lot of volunteers are over 70 so may soon be out of action. I suspect there will be a lot more people using it in the near future.

two_tapirs 16 Mar 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> A dislike is not always a disagreement. Someone might be disliking the situation being reported. On Facebook, there is an "angry" emoji or whatever they are called. This seems mostly to be used when something "bad" is reported in a user's post, and the "angry" emoji is used in order to agree that the "bad thing" needs reporting. 

> I imagine some people are treating the "dislike" button here, in the same way.

Very true and thanks for the balance viewpoint.  I was * this * close to suggesting we had a Rees-Mogg in our midst.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...