UKH

Expensive

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Two deer.........

There was a short break in Augusts rain and saw plenty of young roe deer and their mums.

Mark Bannan 17 Aug 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Is that Deer shit?

No - it's on special offer!

Your nature photography is hartless

In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> Your nature photography is hartless

You reckon?

Seen huuuuuge flicks of goldfinch and linnets. 

Lots of raptors. This years young are very active so seeing lots. Sparrowhawk. 

More stuff. 

the benefit of hindsight

Still managing to see lots of raptors except for male sparrowhawk. Sunday, as well as marsh harrier (but no hobby), I saw kestrels, and a peregrine having a bit of a barney with a pair of buzzards.

In reply to Michael Hood:

I know what you saw - been stalking you on the other forum!

Ive had a few cracking close ups of male Sparrowhawks recently. Way to fast for a photo though. One dove through a gap in a hedge and almost flew into me. Bit sick of this weather though. And been waay busy at work. Good time of year for seeing stuff. 

> I know what you saw - been stalking you on the other forum!

I forgot to log one trip and I've hardly been out at all in the last 6 weeks because I'm (hopefully finishing) recovering from doing my back in; nothing serious, just muscle spasm but PAINFUL.

Still wanting to get a better view of a hobby. Sunday's marsh harrier obliged by sitting in a tree (still distant) for long enough to get my small scope on it.

I am reasonably sure that the very large bunny I saw the other day, running on the Ridgeway in Oxfordshire,  was a hare. When it saw me it sprinted away far too fast for me to get the phone out for a snap.

Andy Hardy 17 Aug 2021

I'd say it was staggering.

hang_about 18 Aug 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Lots of fox action round our way. Put a camera trap in the garden and there's a regular procession. Saw 4 together the other night. Went out again last night and they were together again. Very unafraid - walked up to us and stopped about 5 foot away. Just sat down and looked at us. Couldn't get a picture as my phone camera is rather poor. Cute though, then it all got rather R-rated - in the middle of the street!

Sparrowhawk in the local wood - by sound, no sight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...