Engineers - hats off to you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Deadeye 22 Oct 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50139900

And an opportunity to add my small thanks to engineers for the amazing good they've brought to the world.

Dark-Cloud 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

You wouldn't be thanking me if you knew what industry i worked in, i'm convinced i'm helping destroy the planet, in fact i know i am.

FactorXXX 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> You wouldn't be thanking me if you knew what industry i worked in, i'm convinced i'm helping destroy the planet, in fact i know i am.

How bad is your poetry?

Dark-Cloud 22 Oct 2019
In reply to FactorXXX:

Pretty damn bad.

Timmd 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> You wouldn't be thanking me if you knew what industry i worked in, i'm convinced i'm helping destroy the planet, in fact i know i am.

Being 44 with an engineering brain means you've time and ability enough to change tack I reckon.

Post edited at 21:06
 Dark-Cloud 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Timmd:

I'm 50 now, it's far too late.

Timmd 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> I'm 50 now, it's far too late.

Nah.  

wercat 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

One of the pictures looks as if a C19th Steampunk society is moving its architecturallly created spacecraft to the Launch pad for a moon mission.

wercat 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

Something like "The Mouse on the Moon" set in the Duchy of Grand Fenwick

Cú Chullain 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

It was nothing really, got a call over the weekend to help and sketched a few ideas on the back of an envelope.

Timmd 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Indeed. Our country is like it is, thanks to the marketing of taxes as a bad thing.

MonkeyPuzzle 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

With the current direction of travel here, that's just made me a little bit sad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...