Early morning deer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 10 Dec 2023

Roe deer, camera pointing straight into the sun on an exceptionally bright frosty morning, so needed editing. 

plyometrics 10 Dec 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Beautiful. Just a shame to see it vaping...

Phil1919 10 Dec 2023

Yes, lovely shot.

BusyLizzie 11 Dec 2023

Must have been a wonderful morning.

ThunderCat 11 Dec 2023

There's a lot of green spaces where I live (just outside of Ashton, not far from Saddleworth) and I spotted a very young deer on the bridle path several years ago.  It really was a hold-your-breath moment...I've never seen one in the wild before.  Just happened to turn around to look behind me and it was there, looking back at me.  

Spend about 20 seconds standing very still, not wanting to scare it off.  Then it bounded back in the undergrowth.

Happened to see another one in a difference part of the woods through the trees.  The light was fading so it was only movement of it's tail that caught my eye.

Feel very lucky to have seen then.

CantClimbTom 11 Dec 2023

I'm glad you identified it for us, from the silhouette I'd have said Alpaca  

Post edited at 16:24
In reply to ThunderCat:

> It really was a hold-your-breath moment...I've never seen one in the wild before.

Blimey. Go to the New Forest, or Purbeck, and you can't avoid them. They even graze the grass by the side of the road as you enter Wareham. I once nearly got trampled by a herd leaping over a fence from woods to a field whilst supervising DofE, at Mockbeggar on the W edge of the New Forest... On another DofE supervision, we were standing by the side of a quiet road, waiting for the girls to come through, and were disturbed by an awful stink; turned out to the be dumped lights and head of a deer, presumably killed & butchered by a poacher or opportunistic roadkill collector...

Even the business park I work on, in Reading, has a deer population/visitors, both roe & muntjac.

Billhook 11 Dec 2023

Stunning shot.

ThunderCat 12 Dec 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

> > It really was a hold-your-breath moment...I've never seen one in the wild before.

> Blimey. Go to the New Forest, or Purbeck, and you can't avoid them. They even graze the grass by the side of the road as you enter Wareham. I once nearly got trampled by a herd leaping over a fence from woods to a field whilst supervising DofE, at Mockbeggar on the W edge of the New Forest... On another DofE supervision, we were standing by the side of a quiet road, waiting for the girls to come through, and were disturbed by an awful stink; turned out to the be dumped lights and head of a deer, presumably killed & butchered by a poacher or opportunistic roadkill collector...

> Even the business park I work on, in Reading, has a deer population/visitors, both roe & muntjac.

Actually, what am I talking about.  I used to live in Kingston / Surbiton and often drove through Richmond Park which had a few bobbing about.  For some reason I never connected those with wild though.  No idea why.  

In reply to plyometrics:

> Beautiful. Just a shame to see it vaping...

At £6 a go, it’s a deer do! Or should that be deer doe !!

Lankyman 13 Dec 2023

> At £6 a go, it’s a deer do!

Hardly megabucks

In reply to Lankyman:

> Hardly megabucks

Do you have all these puns lined up in a roe, ready to go?  

ohsmeg 14 Dec 2023
In reply to plyometrics:

🤣

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...