Does someone owe you money?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 05 Feb 2020

I've just used the Money Claims Service online for the first time - a bit like a scaled down version of small claims court - and can highly rate it! 

Arguing with Parcel Monkey (the gits) about an expensive failed parcel delivery and refund brought no joy and no response to my letters. They don't even have a phone number to call. 

As I don't like companies that think they can treat you like s**t I looked for another option. For £25 you can start a claim and within 48 hours I got a full refund, compensation and refund of my court fee. 

No solicitors, no hassle, just a simple online service that seems quite powerful. Well done HMCTS. 

BnB 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Babika:

Well done. I have no problem getting tough with debtors. Not paying you is tantamount to theft. I bet you feel good today!

Post edited at 12:09
Rigid Raider 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Babika:

A Scots friend of mine was telling me about the day he was in the Accounts office and the Credit Controller was on the 'phone to a late payer. "Is it because you can't pay, or you won't pay?" she asked them. I'm sooo looking forward to an opportunity to use that.

OP Babika 05 Feb 2020
In reply to BnB:

Yep! I feel invincible!

Especially as lots of forums were going on about how useless Parcel Monkey were, refusing to engage with customers and even refusing to engage with the trade body regulator for couriers

In reply to Babika:

> Arguing with Parcel Monkey (the gits) about an expensive failed parcel delivery and refund brought no joy and no response to my letters. They don't even have a phone number to call. 

I think a clue was in their name perhaps ?

Glad you got it sorted though.

graeme jackson 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Babika:

This thread popping up right now seems like perfect timing as I believe I'm going to be having issues getting money out of a car warranty company tomorrow. Wonder if the money claims service will be any use for that.

OP Babika 05 Feb 2020
In reply to graeme jackson:

You do need to have done normal things first - like speak to them, write to them, use any complaints process in existence. But beyond that it seemed an amazingly simple and efficient process to me. 

The HMCTS website said they were trialing a new online system - definitely 5 stars from me

Andy Hardy 05 Feb 2020
In reply to BnB:

> Well done. I have no problem getting tough with debtors. Not paying you is tantamount to theft. I bet you feel good today!

Not paying for something isn't "tantamount to" theft, it is theft!

</pedantry mode>

BnB 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> Not paying for something isn't "tantamount to" theft, it is theft!

>

Good point.

Big Steve 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Babika:

I have an open claim against a debtor, and have recently won a separate claim, both commercial clients who wouldn't pay their bill. As you say it is a very quick and easy process. Actually getting paid however once you have won the claim is not always so easy.

OP Babika 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Big Steve:

awww.

don't piss on my fireworks...

Just checked and the money's in

Deadeye 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Babika:

Glad to hear it.

My experience is different - two court orders to be paid to me and the guy is just ignoring them. Enforcement (bailiffs) have no right if entry other than for HMRC. Even citizens advice tell you you don't have to let them in. So unless the debtor cares about their credit rating (he doesn't) there's bugger all I can do.

dunc56 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Deadeye:

Can't they remove cars that belong to the person though ?

Deadeye 06 Feb 2020
In reply to dunc56:

He'd argue tool of the trade - exempt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...