Day to spent between St.Gallen and Liechtenstein

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StefanB 19 Feb 2020

Once again, I reach out to the UKC community for some tourism advice. 

I will be driving from St. Gallen to Liechtenstein on Friday (work-related) and have the whole day to do that and see stuff on the way.

Any recommendations? I don't ski, nor will I bring any serious winter walking equipment or contemplate climbing, but wouldn't mind doing a nice valley walk with some good views for photography. Given that is forecasted to be cold but sunny this might be a good option. Any recommendations for short scenic low-level walks that can be done this type of year in trail running shoes and a warm hat? I live on the Mediterranean coast in Spain, so don't own much winter gear anymore. 

In the past UKC has been great to help me find things to do on my work trips, so looking forward to your suggestions.

pete osullivan 19 Feb 2020
In reply to StefanB:

St Gallen cathedral is well worth a visit if you are in the town, it's interior is astonishing

OP StefanB 19 Feb 2020
In reply to pete osullivan:

Thanks! I have read about the Abbey library. Is this the same place?

Post edited at 19:46
 pete osullivan 20 Feb 2020
In reply to StefanB:

I think they are adjacent

Stein 20 Feb 2020
In reply to StefanB:

The hike to Seealpsee if very easy, you can park at Wasserauen-Ebenalp, should be on your route to Liechtenstein.

You can take the normal road up to the lake and hike around the lake. At the car park there is however another route on the left going uphil (first through the grassland and than in the forest), which is much nicer.

https://www.komoot.de/smarttour/637361

If you just want to go for the view, you could take the cable cart up to Santis, but will be pricy.

Walensee is really beautiful, I go there alsmost every other weekend (multiple climbing locations nearby). In Murgtal near Walensee you can boulder, it is just of the highway. Other options in the neighbourhood are Pizol, Flumserberg for a winterhike.

There is so much to do, so you should be able to have a great time, enjoy!

OP StefanB 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Stein:

Thanks! This was very helpful! 

I actually ended up doing a short walk near Appenzell when I got attracted by what looked like a photo opportunity and just stopped the car and walked up a hill. So, I never got to go to Seealpsee as planned but will be back soon for work again, so will check it out then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...