Child Residence / Contact Court Hearing - Any Barristers around?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveej 05 Mar 2024

Got the FDHRA next Monday.

I'm LTGIP

Got email from exes solicitor tonight about preparing the bundle by COB tomorrow.

Do I need to give her my witness statements as part of the bundle or just the preliminary paperwork? C100 etc.

Got cleaned out in the D word so have to represent myself and trying my best.

Cheers

Steve

Post edited at 22:46
In reply to steveej:

Props to anyone who understands any of that. Maybe a good tactic to weed out those who give advice without expertise... 

Post edited at 08:05
 DaveHK 06 Mar 2024
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

Out of curiosity, I googled FDHRA and that seems obvious but drew a blank on LTGIP!

gazhbo 06 Mar 2024
In reply to steveej:

It’s impossible for anyone, professional or otherwise to give you any advice without knowing what the issues are.

Procedurally though, if you’re a litigant in person and your ex wife is represented her solicitor should be preparing the bundle, even if she is the respondent.  There won’t be witness statements in a FHDRA, just the application, response, directions order and CAFCASS letter (if there is one).  Filing loads of documents which you haven’t been directed to is a great way to piss off a judge at the start.

don’t expect anything meaningful to happen at the first appointment.  Unless the issues between you are simple (like handovers being on a Wednesday or a Thursday, in which case the judge will just tell you to go outside and sort it out) it will all get timetabled off to another hearing.  It’s impossible to say how that will play out on the information you’ve given.

Timmd 06 Mar 2024
In reply to steveej:

I've no expertise, but a friend who represented himself in court had success regarding child access, following a very thorough approach on his part, so 'Keep the faith'. 

Post edited at 17:56
 profitofdoom 07 Mar 2024
In reply to steveej:

Really good luck anyway Steve. Wishing you all the best 

Cobra_Head 07 Mar 2024
In reply to steveej:

Too many TLAs.

But good luck, awful situation to be in, hope it works out.

OP steveej 11 Mar 2024
In reply to steveej:

Well, As Gazbo says, was largley procedural as the otherside doesnt want to negotiate.

Their barrister has tried to put another order in place. Think shes tried to pull a fast one.

I'm absolutely sure this will go all the way to the fourth, but at least it aint costing me anything.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...