Caroline Flack - tragic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 15 Feb 2020

Just read that Caroline Flack has taken her own life - utterly tragic! 

It does seem that more and more people nowadays see this as a way out of life problems- it's never that bad!

I feel for her family and friends, it is the worst thing to have to go through - a person you know and love resorting to taking their own life to escape their problems.

I hope no one else going through that, if they do there are plenty of people /   organisations willing to help - it's hard but just ask / reach out 

Sorry, just feeling sad

Yanis Nayu 15 Feb 2020
In reply to subtle:

It is tragic. Aside from the traditional media putting the boot in, nowadays everyone can have a go directly at celebrities (who are still human beings) through social media. It’s horrible and has to stop. 

Donotello 15 Feb 2020
In reply to subtle:

My friends mum killed herself yesterday. Ive written a suicide note on my phone almost every day for weeks, a lot of my friends know about it and it’s amazing how many bury their heads in the sand, even best friends high tail it outta there. 

OP subtle 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

Donatallo please seek help, if you friends are not providing this network then please seek professional help - they will make a difference to you

Yanis Nayu 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

There will definitely be a point in the future where you look back and are glad you stuck with it. Speak to the Samaritans and get somebody who knows what they’re doing to help. 

Darron 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

Strength and love to you Dono. Try hard mate.

Stichtplate 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

This is the number for Bristol Sanctuary: 07709 295 661. They should be answering until 12:30.

If you can't face talking to them tonight, do it tomorrow. Make an emergency appointment to see your GP first thing on Monday. Friends often don't know how to deal with this sort of stuff, but then you wouldn't seek some random friend's advice if you'd found yourself coughing up blood for the last couple of weeks. The health crisis you're currently experiencing is just as urgent and just as much in need of professional advice and treatment.

http://bristolmentalhealth.org/services/bristol-sanctuary/

Please get help. If you want to you're welcome to PM me.

Post edited at 00:09
 Tom Last 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

Much love Donotello. 

It’s all to play for, hope you get out there and get some help.

Tom x 

The Norris 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

I have suicidal thoughts pretty much every hour of the day. Its exhausting fighting them. I can relate to what you say... lots of my friends say lots of well meaning things about mental health on social media, which is great, but often when it comes down to it I think the majority dont know what to say if I open up. (This isnt a criticism, its bloody hard dealing with my thoughts and feelings).

I've fortunately found a counsellor privately who I get on with, I'm seeing her again and have a bit of hope that things will improve. Having a bit of hope is half the battle won I think.

I haven't found the NHS to be particularly useful with my mental health, they generally throw pills at me which I have tried but dont really get a lot out of unfortunately. This may be different for you, so worth investigating.

Anyway, I recommend finding a counsellor if you haven't already. And dont be put off if the first one you see isnt quite right for you. A lot of them do a free first session before committing to working together.

If you want to, you're welcome to PM me. I'm no counsellor, but I get it. Simon

Yanis Nayu 16 Feb 2020
In reply to The Norris:

That sounds shit mate. Hope you get it put behind you soon. 

Skyfall 16 Feb 2020
In reply to subtle:

I agree, it's very sad indeed and I'll admit it has made me think more than most celebrity deaths.  

I feel the CPS should be questioned but ultimately, rather than the accusation of celeb bashing with a show trial, it may have been more about sex equality i.e. if she were a man and let off because his g/f didn't want to press charges, everyone would assume some undue pressure was being exerted.  Nevertheless, this feels wrong.  And what support did she have? 

gazhbo 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Skyfall:

Suggesting that the CPS should abandon prosecutions in circumstances like this would set a very troubling precedent.  It’s not exactly uncommon for alleged perpetrators of domestic violence to have some mental health difficulties and the suggestion that prosecutions should be abandoned where the victims are non-compliant, or male, doesn’t really bear thinking about.

The tabloid media, who apparently were willing to run stories about her private life right up until her death, have got far more of a case to answer.

Post edited at 09:44
 marsbar 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Donotello:

I'm sorry you are at this point.  Please get some help. https://bristolmind.org.uk/help-and-counselling/help-in-a-crisis/

There is a 24 hour phone line on there.  Ive called my local crisis team a couple of times and it did help.  I'm still here and I'm a fair bit better now.  

Post edited at 09:56
 Tom Valentine 16 Feb 2020
In reply to gazhbo:

While all deaths are a cause for sadness, if her passing  does actually help put another nail in the coffin of  the type of LCD television  which seems to be taking over the screen these days then some small degree of good will have come from it.

If that sounds callous, I'm sorry; if it sounds snobbish, I don't care at all.

Michael Hood 16 Feb 2020
In reply to subtle:

> It does seem that more and more people nowadays see this as a way out of life problems- it's never that bad!

I can understand it when people have painful terminal illnesses, but other than that you are right. The problem is that because of how they're feeling, the "sufferer" can't see that.

Fortunately, I've never been that far down and am now on medication that seems to be "square peg in a square hole".

In reply to NERD:

Brilliant, honest brave post. I also had a very tough period lasting several years, but am generally happy and content now. 

In reply to elliott92:

That's a beautiful and generous post. When I was at my worst I don't know how I would have coped without some people to talk to. I have since been able to try to offer an understanding ear to others. The same offer you make I would extend from myself to someone in or visiting south Pembrokeshire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...