callisthenics garden equipment project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I've decided to build a frame for the garden for  callisthenics and inverted sit ups with the gravity boots.

Anybody done something similar ?

I'm off to buy some fence posts and tubing this afternoon.  Some online companies are charging 300 quid for basically just that. 

I'll build it for less than 30 quid.  

scott culyer 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

unfortunately it will be impossible to sue yourself for personal injury when it collapses.

I did something similair during lockdown to hang hammocks and string a slackline up.

Dug two 30cm square holes a metre deep then put in 3 metre long scaffold poles, postcrete and a bit of hardcore in there then a pole across the top as a cross bar.

Bish bash bosh, jobs a good un.

Great for the hammocks and sturdy enough to string the slackline from one pole to a tree on the other side of the garden, about 8m long.

Probably cost around 100 quid for the poles, fixings and postcrete.

Edited to add costings.

Post edited at 00:05
In reply to scott culyer:

> unfortunately it will be impossible to sue yourself for personal injury when it collapses.

That's helpful.

Thanks .

In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

> I did something similair during lockdown to hang hammocks and string a slackline up.

> Dug two 30cm square holes a metre deep then put in 3 metre long scaffold poles, postcrete and a bit of hardcore in there then a pole across the top as a cross bar.

> Bish bash bosh, jobs a good un.

> Great for the hammocks and sturdy enough to string the slackline from one pole to a tree on the other side of the garden, about 8m long.

> Probably cost around 100 quid for the poles, fixings and postcrete.

> Edited to add costings.

Sounds good. 

alx 02 Sep 2020

Just be careful, I have rescued a number of people at the gym who used those boots then found out they could not do a single inverted sit up. A 1-2 foot drop looks a lot different when you realise it’s straight on to your hands and head.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...