Building a website

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DenzelLN 08 Aug 2020

Im trying to build myself a website and im wondering which is the better online service to use?

Currently using Wix and im struggling to get it to look like what i want which is really a simple affair, 3 pages is all. Something akin to this - https://www.heritagearchitecture.co.uk

Anyone any experience of square space etc?

BnB 09 Aug 2020
In reply to DenzelLN:

> Im trying to build myself a website and im wondering which is the better online service to use?

> Currently using Wix and im struggling to get it to look like what i want which is really a simple affair, 3 pages is all. Something akin to this - https://www.heritagearchitecture.co.uk

> Anyone any experience of square space etc?

Wix has excellent design support, localised on a national/cultural basis so that the design input is appropriate to the regional norms. Email/give them a call and see if they can help.

LucaC 09 Aug 2020
In reply to DenzelLN:

I've got both my work websites built on Squarespace. It's a good balance between customisable and easy to use. Once you've got your head around how the themes work it starts to come together quickly. www.lucacelano.com if you want to see what my instructional one looks like. It's £120 a year including a domain. 

OP DenzelLN 10 Aug 2020
In reply to LucaC:

Ive managed to put one together over the weekend on GoDaddy, found it way easier on there than Wix. Not my forte lol.

Street 11 Aug 2020
In reply to DenzelLN:

I'm a big fan of Wordpress. It has a bit of a steeper learning curve but should be more powerful than Wix.

OP DenzelLN 11 Aug 2020
In reply to Street:

What do you mean by powerful?

Street 11 Aug 2020
In reply to DenzelLN:

Wordpress wins hands down for themes, plugins and customisation so you're more likely to be able to build exactly what you're after.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...