Best Small Chainsaw feedback

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

We get a lot of questions on UKC and loads of brilliant answers so I thought that I'd provide feedback.

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/off_belay/best_small_chainsaw-769249

I got the Oregon leccy saw and it has been brilliant.

Ive had a couple of massive loads of wood to saw up with some limbs to almost 40cm thickness. This thing zips through it like butter. The setup was pretty easy, chain tensioning straight forward, and when operating, its quieter than I was expecting. 

All in all, seemingly a very capable saw which has already paid for itself in time - the amount I've had to deal with would have taken me weeks of manual sawing and at least half a dozen handsaws and this little beauty has taken me about 90 minutes of cutting and saved my tennis elbow ridden arm some massive pain.

Highly recommended.

alx 24 Apr 2024
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Out of curiosity how effective would you say it is in terrorising a lost group of people around a wood? 

tew 24 Apr 2024
In reply to alx:

I'd use a battery powered chainsaw for that. Silent until you use it, no cable dragging behind you and no faff trying to start it.

Luke90 25 Apr 2024
In reply to alx:

> Out of curiosity how effective would you say it is in terrorising a lost group of people around a wood? 

The technology in that area has moved on significantly. With one of these, you can terrorise not just the people but all the woodland creatures and the trees themselves. 

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/04/you-can-now-buy-a-flame-throwing-ro...

(It seems to be real. And unregulated in most of the US. God help them.)

In reply to alx:

> Out of curiosity how effective would you say it is in terrorising a lost group of people around a wood? 

Not very. I'd have to throttle them with the unplugged cord, which would get tangled up in the brambles. Or clock them over the noggin with the heavy electric motor, which would tire me out. The Texas chainsaw massacre dude would leave a very poor Trustpilot review.

Machete would probably be a better bet

CantClimbTom 25 Apr 2024
In reply to alx:

"Asking for a friend"? 🤣 

If I see you start a thread in a week asking about the best wash detergent for removing blood from clown costumes at 30c, then you'll have given the game away!

Stihl do some battery ones, but they don't make the terrorising chainsaw noise. 2 stroke is still strongly preferred for killer clowns 

Post edited at 11:12
 George Ormerod 25 Apr 2024
In reply to tew:

> I'd use a battery powered chainsaw for that. Silent until you use it, no cable dragging behind you and no faff trying to start it.

Serial killers going green, it’s wokery gone mad I tell you. Next you’ll be saying you won’t wear your victims skin as a suit because it’s not vegan. 

Ridge 25 Apr 2024
In reply to George Ormerod:

> Serial killers going green, it’s wokery gone mad I tell you. Next you’ll be saying you won’t wear your victims skin as a suit because it’s not vegan. 

What if the victim is vegan?

tew 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Ridge:

> What if the victim is vegan?

You can eat them then as you're saving the plants 

pencilled in 25 Apr 2024
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

I ended up with the Oregon self sharpening one too. It’s great!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...