Any Covid deniers in the room?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 23 Jan 2021

Just came up in my news articles. Its from a local rag reporting on my local hospital.

Makes an interesting read.

https://www.lythamstannesexpress.co.uk/health/coronavirus/its-war-zone-life...

dunc56 23 Jan 2021
In reply to The Lemming:

You are a hairy tick , I tell you !

In reply to The Lemming:

Reports like this should be on all channels, on repeat.

Roadrunner6 23 Jan 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Reports like this should be on all channels, on repeat.

Do you think it would work? 

We have at least one member of congress who believes Sandy Hook School shooting was a false flag attack. These people are in so deep they will think it's all just made up.

In reply to Roadrunner6:

> Do you think it would work? 

I think there's quite a difference between those who simply aren't really aware of what is going on, and a small minority who are simply nutters, who will never believe.

I don't think the media are pressing the message home of just how awful the siuation is in hospitals.

Roadrunner6 23 Jan 2021

Do you really think there's many in that first group now? 100,000 people have died in the UK. 400,000 in the US. It's been front page news for almost a year. Everyone's life has been massively impacted.

Alkis 23 Jan 2021
In reply to Roadrunner6:

> Do you think it would work? 

Pah, like f*ck it will... I have literally seen people on the Nottinghamshire Live (my local rag) comments section calling the doctors and nurses in such posts crisis actors.

In reply to The Lemming:

The bit about having a conversation with a dying patient on CPAP is grim in the extreme. Respect to the staff.

In reply to Roadrunner6:

> Do you really think there's many in that first group now? 100,000 people have died in the UK.

It's not really about the deaths, as tragic as those are.

It's what is going on in hospitals, and what staff are having to deal with. I think most people would be reasonable enough to moderate their behaviour if they could really see what is going on. That's why I've been plugging Clive Myrie's series of reports from the Royal London. But, even on UKC, the number of people who have followed those links is pretty small.

And the sad thing is that much of this, and the ill-effects we are all enduring could have been reduced if only the messaging and measures could have been stronger.

Blue Straggler 23 Jan 2021
In reply to Alkis:

> Pah, like f*ck it will... I have literally seen people on the Nottinghamshire Live (my local rag) comments section calling the doctors and nurses in such posts crisis actors.

Nottinghamshire Live is almost like a spoof, the amount of deliberate divisive shit-stirring it does. They are of course doing a great job in terms of generating views and engagement. I am impressed with how well they can recycle the same student housing stories 8 times and convince the idiots that it’s a new development! 

Philip 23 Jan 2021

> I think there's quite a difference between those who simply aren't really aware of what is going on, and a small minority who are simply nutters, who will never believe.

Sorry to let you know but the nutters are the bigger fraction of the above two.

In reply to Philip:

I don't think either of us knows the actual numbers. Maybe I'm trying to be optimistic, and hope that such publicity would make a difference.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...