Anti Vax - why so much flack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 22 Jan 2021

I had one once and it stopped sucking stuff up. I dismantled it and what had happened was my daughters hair had wrapped around the spindle of the rotating brush, heated into an almost solid mass which basically meant the flanges on the rotating brush had worn so it didn’t spin. I bought spares and this didn’t last. Most annoying thing is it was a birthday present from me to my wife (it was hard to wrap so I left it unwrapped on the toilet seat to surprise her on her big day).

Time for science and stuff. If you agree with: ‘Vax hoovers are rubbish’ give a like. If you agree with ‘I don’t think Vax hoovers are any good’ give a dislike. 
I reckon there are more Anti Vax than people think. 

Post edited at 13:40

marsbar 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I have one of these.  It does the job and it's still going years later.  

https://support.vax.co.uk/3-in-1-multifunction-multifunction-vacuum-cleaner...

mik82 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Vax suck

ianstevens 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Bored today Mick?

Andy Gamisou 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I used to work a lot with them, and I have to say the VMS operating system could wipe the floor with the windoze OS, and with the various Eunuch flavours too for that matter.  Proper nerd's OS.  User manuals could fill half an office.  Which was nice.  Internet?  We don't need no stinking internet.

Post edited at 14:22

ianstevens 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mik82:

> Vax suck

Unfortunately they don't, I had a battery powered one that accumulated dirt in the rotating brush thing before unceremoniously dumping it all in one spot when you turned the thing off.

mick taylor 22 Jan 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

> Bored today Mick?

I was, but not now. 

MarkAstley 22 Jan 2021
In reply to marsbar:

Me too, nowadays it sits in the garage till carpets need a clean or there's a major spillage.

Out lasted 2 Dyson, "no loss of suction"- ha

Currently on a Shark, nice so far.....

Neil Henson 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I had a Vax and the battery completely died and wouldn't recharge. To their credit they sent me a replacement vacuum cleaner free of charge. However I ended up replacing it with a Shark one in the end, which I'm quite pleased with. Just taken it on a tour of duty around the house today.

I'm not convinced that any of them work that well on hard floors though.

On a vacuum related note - I've never understood why they don't have rubber bumpers on them to suit the more clumsy user that regularly takes chunks of paintwork off the skirting boards. 

chris_r 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I gave the Oxford AstraZeneca jab to my mum's sister yesterday.

I'm an auntie vaccinator.

Kalna_kaza 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Oh FFS.... I've done it again.

Andy Hardy 22 Jan 2021
In reply to chris_r:

I used to collect Massey Fergusson and David Brown memorabilia, but I gave it up. I'm usually found in the kitchen now, as I'm an ex-tractor fan.

<coat><taxi!>

Ian W 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

You bought her indoors a vacuum cleaner for her birthday..........and all your fingers still work for typing??

mick taylor 22 Jan 2021
In reply to chris_r:

> I gave the Oxford AstraZeneca jab to my mum's sister yesterday.

> I'm an auntie vaccinator.

Some people would not approve of what you’ve done. I disapprove of them. I’m an anti anti auntie vaccinator. 

mick taylor 22 Jan 2021
In reply to Ian W:

I once bought her a 60 metre rope. At least she can use the hoover. 

nniff 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I had one,  I sold it.

Well, it was just gathering dust.

I'm here all week......

Ridge 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

The huge mound of dead Dysons at the local waste disposal centre would seem to indicate Vax aren't that bad.

Michael Hood 22 Jan 2021
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

VMS was great, you could actually find out and know what everything that was running on the computer was for - unlike nowadays when there are apps and processes doing all manner of unknown stuff.

Ian W 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> I once bought her a 60 metre rope. At least she can use the hoover. 

Your generosity clearly knows (almost) no bounds.......

EdS 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mik82:

Unlike our shitty Dyson

cb294 22 Jan 2021
In reply to EdS:

Even if the Dyson products actually worked, rather than just have a flash design, I prefer not to buy from arseholes if I can avoid it in any way.

Miele treat their employees very well, and they do pay their taxes in provincial Westphalia! They also make good appliances!

CB

mick taylor 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

All: the voting is 50:50. It’s a close one!

ianstevens 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> I was, but not now. 

Hope you’re hoovering up the entertainment here

EdS 22 Jan 2021
In reply to cb294:

I didn't buy it..... Design over function. SWMBO had it when I moved in

I had a rather good Vax

​​​

In reply to mick taylor:

I broke my arm on a Henry Hoover once (only something I could do) and the little bugger still smiles about it...

rubble 22 Jan 2021
In reply to mik82:

... remember though, nothing sucks like an Electrolux ...

gallam1 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I'm giving this thread and the title a solid 8 out of 10.

bouldery bits 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I'm very much pro Vax.

They're pretty good value and I like the 'pet' specific models. 

I am now, officially, old.

The Lemming 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I have a slave robot to vacuum my house.

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to bouldery bits:

> They're pretty good value and I like the 'pet' specific models. 

What, you mean I can get a Hoover so that my Springer Spaniel can Hoover up his own dog hairs!  

Post edited at 10:49

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

We had one of these when I was a child.  Fantastic things that basically allowed you to ‘round up’ and the dust, hairs and whatnot and shove it under your couche. I don’t think ours ever got emptied. 

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor

> What, you mean I can get a Hoover so that my Springer Spaniel can Hoover up his own dog hairs!  

Wow, you can !!!  When did this become a thing? 

mack 23 Jan 2021
In reply to chris_r:

> I gave the Oxford AstraZeneca jab to my mum's sister yesterday.

> I'm an auntie vaccinator.

I gave the Oxford AstraZeneca jab to my cousin Andrew,

so that would make me an Andy Vaxxer.

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mack:

> I gave the Oxford AstraZeneca jab to my cousin Andrew,

> so that would make me an Andy Vaxxer.

He’s not into DIY by any chance?

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mack:

This young fellas auntie wants it, but I say ‘NO!’.

I’m an Andy Pandy’s  Auntie Anti Vaxxer

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> This young fellas auntie wants it, but I say ‘NO!’.

> I’m an Andy Pandy’s  Auntie Anti Vaxxer

That puppet is actually owned by my local MP who is well good at DIY

I’m a:  Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Vaxxer. 

marsbar 23 Jan 2021
In reply to The Lemming:

Me too.  I find myself worryingly talking to it as if it was a pet.  

The Lemming 23 Jan 2021
In reply to marsbar:

Ours is called Robbie.

Robbie Robot.

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> That puppet is actually owned by my local MP who is well good at DIY

> I’m a:  Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Vaxxer. 

Get this:  I’ve just found out that Andy’s auntie wants to use the new vaccine developed from a resin from flax seeds that is administered as a suppository. It’s not on the market yet but you can buy it online and pay electronically from your bank. True that.   I say ‘NO!’

I’m a:  Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer. 

Post edited at 14:57
mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> Get this:  I’ve just found out that Andy’s auntie wants to use the new vaccine developed from a resin from flax seeds that is administered as a suppository. It’s not on the market yet but you can buy it online and pay electronically from your bank. True that.   I say ‘NO!’

> I’m a:  Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer. 

I know Lisa (the only true part of my post) and she is against smacking children. So (drum role).....

I’m a : Anti Smack Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer. !

True that is !!!!

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> I know Lisa (the only true part of my post) and she is against smacking children. So (drum role).....

> I’m a : Anti Smack Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer. !

> True that is !!!!

It’s well icy out there so I offered her some ice grippers for her trainers but she declined!!!!

I’m a (takes really, really deep breath):  Anti Yaxtrak Anti Smack Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer !!!!!

(which is clearly bollocks but is funny as hell)

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> It’s well icy out there so I offered her some ice grippers for her trainers but she declined!!!!

> I’m a (takes really, really deep breath):  Anti Yaxtrak Anti Smack Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer !!!!!

> (which is clearly bollocks but is funny as hell)

My wife grabbed my phone and saw all the utter claptrap I’ve been posting. She’s kicking me out and said ‘go and busk on the streets’ so she’s put my biggest saxophone in a rucksack my auntie left behind after she’d been to New Zealand and sent me away with six pieces of Mexican/Nordic cured fish. 

I’m a;   Max Sax in Micks Aunties Macpac with Tex Mex Hex Gravlax Anti Yaxtrak Anti Smack Handy Nandy’s Andy Pandy’s Auntie Anti Flax Wax Back Crack Bacs Vaxxer !!!!!

Such fun!

Andy Hardy 23 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

I still have some hubcaps and grease nipples from a MF35x (prior to the PTO being a standard feature) which I could sell, if you were looking for a new hobby...

mick taylor 23 Jan 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

I think that would involve ‘effort’, so thanks but no thanks. 

In reply to mick taylor:

Having had rather conventional Electrolux and Panasonic upright hoovers in the past, I bought a Vax industrial vacuum cleaner. This is the model:

https://www.vax.co.uk/vcc-08a-vacuum-cleaner

It's in a totally different class, being probably about 5-10 times more efficient than a conventional hoover. It's so powerful that I use it on half-power most of the time. Perhaps the best thing about it is that you don't have to keep plugging it in different rooms and carrying it around - it has such a long hose and long flex that I only have to plug it in once upstairs and once downstairs to do the whole house. It trundles around behind you, but it doesn't have to do that much because it has such a long flexible hose. The net result is that the whole job of hoovering my house is about twice as quick as it used to be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...