Alternative coronavirus therapy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-a...

Well they certainly ward off brain cells it appears.

TWS

marsbar 30 Mar 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

“the president has suggested that Belarusians should drink 50ml of vodka a day to ward off the virus, but not at work”

It’s the details I find interesting.  

mondite 30 Mar 2020
In reply to marsbar:

I am also curious about the "breakfast on time" bit.

A quick google shows Belarusians are some of the heaviest drinkers in the world. Maybe this is a cunning way to try and get them to cut down to just a double a day.

oldie 30 Mar 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Apparently life expectancy is lower in Belarus than UK and is declining. One factor is thought to be high levels of alcoholism. So less old people = less deaths from CV19.

(Though liver sclerosis etc can't really be expected to help a body to combat the disease).

Yanis Nayu 30 Mar 2020
In reply to marsbar:

My friend’s Belarusian and told me about this the other day. She was embarrassed. Their football league is still going and generating a lot of interest on Twitter!

Pefa 30 Mar 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

He is a great man but I think he will be rethinking this particular policy soon. 

Post edited at 14:32
In reply to mondite:

> A quick google shows Belarusians are some of the heaviest drinkers in the world. Maybe this is a cunning way to try and get them to cut down to just a double a day.

Probably the vodka advice is good, last thing they need is a population of alcoholics all getting withdrawal.

Pete Pozman 31 Mar 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> He is a great man but I think he will be rethinking this particular policy soon. 

What?! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...