Alicante airport lost property pickup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Twiggy Diablo 21 Mar 2023

I left my Rab jacket in a hire car at Alicante airport at the weekend

The hire company have confirmed they have it but won’t do anything to return it to me. I wondered if anyone is passing through there and wouldn’t mind bringing it back to the UK please?

I know advice is not to carry things on planes for random people so this requires some trust, but equally i’d be willing to provide anything that would help reassure anyone.

Ed

In reply to Twiggy Diablo:

An alternative to carrying might be if someone can pick it up and post it to you from Spain?

Lord knows what customs implications this would have, post-Brexit...

OP Twiggy Diablo 21 Mar 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

Oh yes, I’d be more than happy with that option too if anyone would be bothered to make the effort on my behalf.

i looked at booking a courier but the likes of DHL want £150 and the car hire company won’t have packaged it either

Trythallj 21 Mar 2023

Which car hire company? If they have it behind the counter, and there isn't a long queue, I might be able to pick it up tomorrow. I'm picking someone up from the airport, then driving back to the UK in a couple of weeks.

OP Twiggy Diablo 21 Mar 2023
In reply to Trythallj:

Oh wow that would be amazing.

It is with Firefly. Their lost property is held in the key returns office in the first floor carpark.

This is what they told me:

”You can send a colleague with an authorization and the reference number from you and send the e-mail with the name of this person and pick up date/time.”

Trythallj 22 Mar 2023

Fine, will do that. My name is John Trythall, NIE number Y2290878T. (it will be on the ID I present). I'll be there about 1315 today. (1215 UK time). Do I need authorization and reference number from you? John

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...