Adblocker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 storm-petrel 27 Mar 2024

On seemingly random occasions when accessing this site before I log in I get a screen telling me that I have an adblocker active.

I do use an adblocker but have UKH / UKC whitelisted. I can see ads on the site now so presumably the whitelisting works ok.

Is this -

.....some sort of generic thing when I'm not logged in?

.....an indication the site can detect my adblocker but not the status of whitelisted sites?

.....an indication that I should be doing something else?

I've no issue with the sort of ads that appear on this particular site and regularly click on them. I appreciate that it costs a lot of money to maintain sites like this and the ads aren't generally intrusive. Is there anything else I can do with my adblocker? I don't want to completely disable it.

Robert Durran 27 Mar 2024
In reply to storm-petrel:

Me too. I have never knowingly uploaded Adblocker but regularly get a screen telling me I am using it. Doesn't affect any other sites. I ignore it and it goes away eventually. Oddly, when it happens, my bt email login is tempirarily messed up and only lets me in on the second attempt.

mostlyrambling 27 Mar 2024

It happens to me periodically too and I have to switch it off for the site again.

I assumed - maybe wrongly - that it was due to some kind of automatic updates in the ad blocking extension on my browser. The only other site aside from this one where I've noticed the same thing happen is YouTube.

Me too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...