50 hares , a kestrel and an owl ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 16 Mar 2024

witchcraft or a very niche barbecue ? 

Lankyman 16 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

and a partridge in a pear tree?

Wimlands 16 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

It’s just depressing.
The perpetrators are pretty much convinced they have nothing to worry about from the police and will keep on hare coursing as it’s financially worth there while to do so. Or until they’ve killed off all the hares.

OP mike123 16 Mar 2024
In reply to Wimlands: I live in a rural area and spend a lot of time in the countryside , I love seeing hares but they’re not that common , where / how the F do you get hold of 50  F ing hares ? As to killing a kestrel and an  owl ? What would possess you ? Hopefully this making the national news will make the appropriate authorities stand to .

nathan79 16 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

Is there a link to the story behind this?

I don't know what I expected when I clicked on the topic, but not a cryptic mystery. Though I suspect I may regret following up on this if it's as bad as I suspect it may be.

In reply to nathan79:

I assumed it was going to be in the Cairngorms. So a bit of a surprise to find it's in Hampshire. On the other hand, 50 hares would be small fry for a Cairngorm estate...

Wainers44 17 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

....all walked into a bar. The owl said twit.....

Kestrel said and you pal?

timjones 17 Mar 2024
In reply to mondite:

A village shop that is "more like Fortnum and Mason than a traditional village shop" sounds horrific but a trailer load of manure would be an equally effective protest and far easier to arrange

Wimlands 17 Mar 2024
In reply to timjones:

Not sure this was a protest…more a warning.

pasbury 17 Mar 2024
In reply to timjones:

It sounds more like intimidation than a protest. I won't speculate further. There's money in this disgusting activity, from people betting on which dog will catch the unfortunate hare first and tear it to pieces.

Country sports eh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...