37 degrees in my bedroom!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 11 Aug 2020

....and very humid...reminds me of being in east Africa at night!

I'm not complaining...I like the heat and the sun but its proper hot for the Peak!!

Blunderbuss 11 Aug 2020
In reply to abr1966:

Think you might want to turn your central heating off if it's that hot... 

FactorXXX 11 Aug 2020
In reply to Blunderbuss:

> Think you might want to turn your central heating off if it's that hot... 

Or take the thermometer out of his bottom and put it back on the wall where it normally is...

flatlandrich 11 Aug 2020
In reply to abr1966:

52 degrees in my bedroom.........Latitude.  Right now I'm wishing it was more like 57

Timmd 11 Aug 2020
In reply to abr1966:

It's meant to become more of a thing now there's climate change. I'm trying to get my head around getting up at 6am for a cycle when it's cooler.

Edit: Which probably means I should go to bed.

Post edited at 23:38
 Dax H 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Timmd:

It's 16c in our bedroom, I know that because it's the lowest our Air con unit will go. Its still warm but at least I can sleep. 

Yes I know aircon is part of the problem but I balance it out by not running the heating in winter. 

Pullhard 12 Aug 2020
In reply to abr1966:

Is the heat keeping midge at bay? 

In reply to abr1966:

> ....and very humid...reminds me of being in east Africa at night!

> I'm not complaining...I like the heat and the sun but its proper hot for the Peak!!

Open the window?

earlsdonwhu 12 Aug 2020
In reply to abr1966:

I thought you were referring to the angle of a climbing wall you had constructed. So much DIY done in lockdown!

Timmd 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Dax H:

> It's 16c in our bedroom, I know that because it's the lowest our Air con unit will go. Its still warm but at least I can sleep. 

> Yes I know aircon is part of the problem but I balance it out by not running the heating in winter. 

I read last night that somebody who lives in a country where it can be as high as 40 degrees, if their air con breaks they freeze a towel in the freezer, and then hang it in an open window where a through draft will help towards cooling the room.

I can remember an experiment with a fan and blocks of ice during the Victorian era being talked about on TV, and they did something similar where they cooled down the temperature of a certain part of a room by blowing the fan at the blocks of ice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...