Pushchair walks in the Peak?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 SuperstarDJ 05 Apr 2024

Hi,

I've got my three kids next week, solo (wife's back in work), and am looking for places we can go for a walk.  I'll have a double pushchair (twins - 2 and half) and backpack in case the 4 and a half year old gets tired.  Are there any walks - 3 miles or so - that are safe and scenic and pushchair friendly in the Peak that anyone can think of?  I'll be heading in from Nottingham so this end of the Peak would be best.

Yours optimisically,

David

annieman 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Tissington Trail, High Peak Trail are old railway lines. Start at Parsley Hay south of Buxton. Cafe to start Finish. Walk as far as you like then turn around. Also Monsal Trail, also an old railway line.

Wingnut 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Bottom of the Burbage Valley, maybe? Flat-ish, and various rocks for the older kid to play on?

compost 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

You're in danger of driving for longer than you'd be walking which, with small kids, could be tortuous! High Peak trail from Cromford, or somewhere closer to home?

Edit: Or Carsington Water?

Post edited at 13:06
In reply to compost:

Carsington is a very good bet for push chairs: almost horizontal tarmac footpath, iirc. I think (a long time since I’ve done it) you can go the whole way round the reservoir, or if not, a very long way. Has advantage of good refreshment facilities near car park (though I think expensive, iirc)

ChrisJD 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Outside of Peak, but what about Clumber Park or Sherwood Pines?

matt_chan 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Longshaw would work well - lots of maintained paths, stuff for kids, and there's a nice cafe. Maybe further than you want to drive though.

stone elworthy 05 Apr 2024
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

It's the wrong side of the Peak but Dovestone Reservoir walk is superb for this. I've done it with my brother's family when my nephew was in a pram, and I've done it back when I could only walk on smooth surfaces due to ill health. 

It's an exceptionally beautiful spot and a v nice walk. https://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/miles-without-stiles/dove-stone

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...