REVIEW: Therm-a-Rest Parsec 20F/-6C Sleeping Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 11 Apr 2023

For three season use, nudging more than a toe into four seasons, this versatile sleeping bag has proved an excellent choice on the Scottish hills, says John McKenna.

Read more

AliRLee 11 Apr 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Great review!

Pedro50 11 Apr 2023

I've just bought my first quilt, a Therm-a-Rest Vesper 20F -6C  572g. Not tested in the cold yet but I really like the huge extra freedom to move my arms around.

Remind me, is parsec a unit of distance or time?

In reply to Pedro50:

I've had a look at those, they look great. I really like the idea of having a quilt and sleeping bag combo to keep your sleep system versatile for throughout the year.
Those two in combination would have worked great on the night I had the parsec out in -13C. 

They look to work well together with Thermarest where you have the built-in loops to attach both to each other. 

DaveHK 11 Apr 2023
In reply to Pedro50:

> I've just bought my first quilt, a Therm-a-Rest Vesper 20F -6C  572g. Not tested in the cold yet but I really like the huge extra freedom to move my arms around.

I've had one of those for a few years and I think the temperature rating is pretty optimistic. I still like it but it's not what it says and that makes it look like poor vfm. I keep meaning to get in touch with Thermarest about it and keep forgetting.

In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:

Did I not include this in the review? Apologies, it's a unit of distance... 

But, Han Solo said, his Millennium Falcon did the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs!

Pedro50 11 Apr 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

> I've had one of those for a few years and I think the temperature rating is pretty optimistic. I still like it but it's not what it says and that makes it look like poor vfm. I keep meaning to get in touch with Thermarest about it and keep forgetting.

Agreed given its weight it looked optimistic, if it works to zero I'll be happy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...