Meindl’s resoling service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fozzy 28 May 2020

Has anybody used Meindl’s own resoling service? My faithful pair of Bhutans need doing; whilst the leather is fine, the soles have virtually disintegrated. I’d like a full resole/re-rand on them, but I’m not sure if there’s a better value option than Meindl (considering quality of work done etc). 

(I did search prior to posting, but could only find climbing shoe resoling posts).  

olddirtydoggy 28 May 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

A local friend of mine who is a German has used the service once as he's often over there, I'm assuming they still do it from over in Germany and he had an old beat up pair of boots. Personally I wondered why he was bothering but the boots came back with new soles on them and looking great. That was 7/8 years ago and they still get used.

cb294 28 May 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

The Meindl service is excellent! The La Sportiva service less so, the last shoes that my local shop sent there cam back with soles 1 cm too wide. Actually ideal, because I got a new pair at a huge discount....

CB

Post edited at 07:40
 alasdair19 28 May 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

I've had mountain boots well re soled at feet first in chesterfield probably less faff.

TeeBee 28 May 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

They did a really nice job on my 15 year-old Engadins. Relatively pricey (£80-odd, a couple of years ago), but they came back almost as new, with replaced soles and rand (and new laces!) and will probably go another 15 years now. 

TT__50 29 May 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

If you get the opportunity to get them repaired in Germany then do it.  They use the original last to bind the new sole so it gets reshaped and comes out looking brand new.  Had it done on Meindl and Scarpas and the result has been far superior to just getting a new sole put on in UK.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...