Dyneema alpinist remake

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john campbell 17 Nov 2021

I rarely post my work outside of instagram and my website. But I get a lot of traffic from UKclimbing anytime my company gets mentioned with the old Karrimor sacs. So, I'd thought i'd post this pack I finished today. the text is from my Instagram post, but gets the story out and some of the details. please note almost all my work is custom. i love the old Karrimor and Berghaus sacs and still sell a few reproductions......

Kai is a friend of mine in SLC. He has been a very early supporter of Alpine Luddites since day one. He lent me his Karrimor Haston Alpinist to make a pattern from, that was the pack i started Alpine Luddites with. I have since found another. He asked me to build a pack styled after the original Karrimor , but bigger . His pack is around 60-65 liters. Its deeper rather than taller as he can’t stand his helmet hitting the back of the pack. There is only a couple of inches of pack above the load lifter straps, with an adjustable button lid attachment. There are two sets of different length rear lid straps. The problem is many removable lids get caught up in the load lifters, so i needed as clean and functional lid attachment as I could come up with. The purple fabric is a woven blend of Dyneema and polyester, with the heather look of the only the poly taking the dye. Notice the original karrimor belt buckle he sent for this build. Twin stays, navy vx21 roll top bivy extension. Only missing the blue voile crampon straps

maxsmith 18 Nov 2021
In reply to john campbell:

Stunning work John, thanks for sharing.  I'm currently planning my second myog rucksack and wondering where you get that fabric from? Looks great in purple...

planetmarshall 18 Nov 2021
In reply to john campbell:

Following mostly for the dog content.

OP john campbell 18 Nov 2021
In reply to planetmarshall:

excellent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...