Camelot realigning - anyone had it done?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james mann 08 Dec 2019

Not realigning but reslinging- autocorrect! Has anyone here had black diamond Camelot’s reslung/repaired recently (last few months)? I have a couple of sets which are in good working order but the tapes are old and a bit tatty. Some are c4, some are older without the thumb loop.  I am wondering if anyone has had older units reslung and how long it took. 

Cheers

james

Post edited at 15:49
 Basemetal 08 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

Can you basket hitch a 8mm 30cm dyneema sling instead? My old Wild Country rigid originals are still going strong.

This old thread discusses-

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/gear/re-slinging_friends-664924

krikoman 09 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

Camel toe realigning?

Jamie Wakeham 09 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

I had all my camalots done about a year ago - a mix of old and new types.  BD are actually very generous about it - all you have to do is post the cams to them, and they re-sling them and post them back with no charge.  If I remember correctly, it was about three weeks from posting them out to getting them back.

The hard part was getting them to reply to an email to authorise the work in the first place!  Hopefully they've got better about checking their email.

leon 1 09 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

Camelot- A mythical place or a lottery business.

Camalot- A device for doing the business in mythical placements

Post edited at 09:55
OP james mann 09 Dec 2019
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks for that. You must travel through life with a special smart arse glow. 

OP james mann 09 Dec 2019
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Thanks Jamie. Very helpful. 

James

leon 1 10 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann: Your post heading implied some sort of Feng Shui crisis involving Arthur  and a round table, you really don't need to be so sensitive about it.

Now smile, enjoy your day and I hope Santa brings you something nice 

Glowingly Leon

Larefia 10 Dec 2019
In reply to leon 1:

I thought it was a post about lay lines and the realignment of an old castle?

Loving your work.

Larefia 10 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

> Thanks for that. You must travel through life with a special smart arse glow. 

surely that would be a special smart alpen glow?

Getting arsy about humerous replies is sure to get you arsy replies it is one of the fundamentals of UKC. I think you can get your cams reslung fairly easily through BD though so its all good.

TonyB 12 Dec 2019
In reply to james mann:

I did it a few months ago and was amazed by the service. You pay postage to send them to the USA, then about 2 weeks later they came back nicely slung without any additional costs. They even re-slung my 20 year old ones.

OP james mann 12 Dec 2019
In reply to TonyB:

Thanks Tony. Will box them up and send them off. 

James

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...