Big and little pads.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 18 Aug 2019

Looking to invest in two bouldering pads for out solo missions. 

Looking at the following for a main pad: 

Pychi tripe fold, snap stamina   or dmm high ball. 

Not sure what I'd looking at a 2nd pad, 

Maybe a 2nd snap stamina  if I can get a good deal on one or  a double fold pychi  one or the cheap simond one.  

Any one use the system that bannana  fingers sell you carrying  a 2nd pad or is  a racket strap or two  just as good? 

HeMa 19 Aug 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

While I do really rate Snap pads high, I would try to get Organic fullpad. Instead, and the either Organic simple pad or one of the Ocun two fold models (so also the DMM), as you can get the Ocun inside the load-flap easily. 

The Organic loadflap only really works with Organic pads, and to be honest it’s not really good (Odd considering Organics main products are pads).

My sherpa bouldering rig is one Organic Big Pad and under the load flap, two non folded Snap P’tit Wraps. Weighs a ton, but creates rather lovely landingzone. 

OP Shaunhaynes99 19 Aug 2019
In reply to HeMa:

I dont have to get the lisd flap if ratchet  straps are gonna give me a similar effect and make it easier to use other pads, especially  when the organic pads do seem to  be s bit of a pricer option 

HeMa 19 Aug 2019

IMHO unless you have them Organic pads, the flap makes no sense. And proper ratchet straps will be as good (albeit more fiddly).

Just for the record, getting as big pad as you can fit in your car would be my suggestion. Then add a smaller one (preferably the same thickness as the big one). The new BD Mondo seems quite a good option, almost 100 eur less than the big Organic or Snap.

In reply to HeMa:

I'll check it out.  I've only just started  looked  so I need to sound the evening  look.at them all online 

Tom Valentine 19 Aug 2019

A Wards beer towel used to be fairly portable.

HeMa 19 Aug 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

yes, but the padding it offers is a bit less limited when compared to a pad .

Great if you don't fall off, less so if you do.

I think a mondo is like bit too big  for my car  peogut 2008 .   Plus some days I'll be getting the train and cycling  so I'd have to smaller ones

I've short listed to 

Snap stamina Mad rock duo 

Bd impact Pyshci double or triple

Tge session one that starts with an m.  As  will be sandstone I think the landings are pretty soon so a folding design  should be ok. 

Post edited at 12:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...