Sourcing (Paris) Pulks In Europe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nextural 25 Feb 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to source an ERApro expedition pulk in Europe and it seems all online stores have a delivery date of 01/11/2020. Can anyone point me in the direction of a secret stash or recommend an alternative? The only similar option I can see - lightweight without an inbuilt bag - is the Aiguille Alpine trail pulk.

Thanks.

In reply to nextural:

The Paris pulk is not better than the Trail. Actually, the straps on the latter is a bonus. 

Damo 26 Feb 2020
In reply to nextural:

>  Can anyone point me in the direction of a secret stash ..

Sure, I have five or six orange Paris Expedition sleds sitting in a shipping container in Punta Arenas, Chile. I guess that's not helpful?

Then again, for the prices on that Aiguille page for their kit, personally I'd prefer to fly to Chile. Paris XPD sleds are around US$30 in Tru-Valu hardware stores in the US.

Have you gone onto some of the Facebook groups for polar expedition stuff? I can't believe there's not quite a few suitable plastic sleds about in the EU/UK.

HeMa 26 Feb 2020
In reply to nextural:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/rqybkqv

In stock, in Yurp and around 60 Eur.

Unfortunately shipping might cost an arm an a leg.

OP nextural 26 Feb 2020
In reply to HeMa:

Ah - hidden behind googles language barrier. HeMa - you're a godsend, thanks. Shipping wasn't too bad!

In reply to nextural:

https://www.partioaitta.fi/paris-the-expedition-sled-960-2063335/

Shipping is about £25, I ordered recently and so did someone else I know. No problems

HeMa 27 Feb 2020
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

yeah, they are a reputable outdoor retailer in Finland (owned by the scout organisation if I recall correctly).

cousin nick 27 Feb 2020
In reply to nextural:

Might be worth calling Ice Warrior Basecamp in Princetown (Dartmoor) 01822 890338

N

OP nextural 07 Mar 2020
In reply to nextural:

Thanks everyone for your replies - I successfully sourced one from Partioaitta.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...