New Expedition Article

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crayefish 31 Dec 2022

Hi folks,

If anyone is interested, I've just posted the latest article on my website.  In the climbing vein, this is the first part of my Aconcagua expedition from a few years ago.

https://the-gentleman-explorer.com/2021/01/26/aconcagua/

For those who haven't ready my Sarek articles, they are also on there and worth a read.  My next Arctic expedition will be happening this coming February, so there will be more articles to follow, as well as the remainder of my Aconcagua series.

Hope you enjoy the read; let me know what you think.

L.A. 31 Dec 2022
In reply to crayefish: I really enjoyed your Sarek article. It sounded like almost unmitigated misery with just the occasional glimmer of hope. Exactly what trips like that are all about    Good luck on the next one.

profitofdoom 31 Dec 2022
In reply to crayefish:

> Hi folks,

> If anyone is interested, I've just posted the latest article on my website.  In the climbing vein, this is the first part of my Aconcagua.......... Hope you enjoy the read; let me know what you think.

Nice article!  I enjoyed it. I enjoyed all the detail, and the honesty, and the photos 

I hope you keep writing and posting 

OP crayefish 01 Jan 2023
In reply to L.A.:

Thank you both for your kind words!  It's great to hear that you enjoyed reading it.

Doug 01 Jan 2023
In reply to crayefish:

Enjoyed the Sarek articles & now understand why friends who have skied there went late March or April.

But do I remember a long thread here where several people tried to persuade you to use nordic rather than alpine touring boots ?

OP crayefish 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Doug:

You are correct, it was suggested   In the end, after all the other purchases for the expedition, I waa feeling rather poor and didn't want to fork out on a very pricy set of Nordic gear and eat into my savings (especially as it was the first time trying a ski expedition).  One lives and learns.  Now I know that I want to continue them, I've invested in a set of Asnes Gammes and Alfa Outbacks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...