Mont Blanc - Permits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Getoiu 05 Jun 2019

So from this year there'll be permits to climb Mont Blanc via the Gouter route. Everyone without booking in one of the huts will face a hefty fine and potebtially jail time. I've just called Tete Rousse as we were planning to tent and they confirmed that tenting is no longer permitted.

I couldn't find official source of this information so I'm quoting this article:

https://www.adventure-journal.com/2019/06/climbing-mont-blanc-without-prope...

ro8x 05 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

I guess the 3 monts route will become a lot busier in that case. 

LakesWinter 05 Jun 2019
In reply to ro8x:

Not with the state of the serac on mont Maudit......

OwenM 05 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

There's always the Italian side.

Thrudge 06 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

Thanks for posting.

ro8x 07 Jun 2019
In reply to LakesWinter:

Not been for a few years. Guessing it's become a whole lot more unstable? 

Souteril 10 Jun 2019
In reply to LakesWinter:

I hear it’s really bad this year. 

Souteril 10 Jun 2019

There are loads of spaces at the base camp at the Tete if you need to use one of their tents. I suggest you book now before the last minute rush. 

OP Getoiu 21 Jun 2019
In reply to Souteril:

I called Tete Rousse in April and they said book online will be available soon. Since then I've been checking on the booking page frequently but no bookings were available for our date. I can't find any information on their booking page for the tenting. Gouter is also not available for booking. I think we'll end up doing the Italian route and either sleep in the hut or pitch a tent (from what I understand it's illegal to camp for over 48 hours so I hope tenting goes well)

jay lafferty 21 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

Booking for the tete rousse camp opened online on the 5th june

Cú Chullain 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

The Gouter hut opened for joe public online bookings back in April.

tistimetogo 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

Have very fond memories of a bivi at the Tete Rouse and a solo ascent of Mont Blanc in 2012. That was an impromptu end to a great month spent in the Alps. I understand why they've put in a booking system/permit system but it makes me sad to think that you couldn't do this anymore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...