Matterhorn - Plan Du Maison

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 14 Jan 2019

I’m planning a Matterhorn trip later in the year, and just trying to find out lift pass prices noticed that the Plan Du maison lift to/from the Plateau Rosa is only open until the end of May. Is this correct?

I was originally planning to travel from Tasch/Zermatt via the Klein Matterhorn lift and then Plan Du Maison to start the walk to the Abruzzi Hut (for the Lions Ridge)

Can anyone shed any more light on this lift to descend? 

Thanks 

Simon

jon 14 Jan 2019
In reply to GStone:

Can't help with lift dates but you can walk down to Theodul pass then on down towars Cervinia and cut across then up to Abruzzi. Does it stop working until summer then? Normally it works all summer. Don't go too early for the Italian ridge.

EwanR 14 Jan 2019
In reply to GStone:

The winter (ski) season ends in May and the summer season starts at the end of June so there's a month and a half without lifts. The 2019 summer timetable isn't out yet but it will be similar to 2018:

http://www.cervinia.it/it/estate/orari-impianti-e-piste

OP GStone 15 Jan 2019
In reply to jon:

Thanks Jon

I’m eagerly waiting for my maps, but Google maps has just shown me your path quite well. Might be a nicer day than sitting in (another) lift. Have you done the Italian ridge? Was thinking of a dawn start from the Carrel refuge.

OP GStone 15 Jan 2019
In reply to EwanR:

Thanks Ewan

That explains it.

jon 15 Jan 2019
In reply to GStone:

Yes I have. Carrel is the normal start. Like I said, don't go too early. A good sign is if the Cervinia guides are doing it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...