Machhermo Peak 6030m

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 09 Feb 2021

Hi, I'm considering climbing this peak at the end of the year and wondered if anyone out there has climbed it?

There's not a deal of info out there and its often confused with the adjacent Kyajo Ri 6151m.

It sits directly above the Machhermo village with Kyajo Ri opposite its south west face and Gokyu lakes on its north eastern side.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Post edited at 22:08
 Hannah V 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Rick Asher:

Could you be thinking of Phari Lapcha? I think it is also known as Machhermo Peak. There are reports of routes climbed on its northeast face in for example the American Alpine Journal and Alpinist magazine.

Post edited at 06:26

As mentioned above, I think you're talking about Phari Lapcha. There was a really good article by Lindsey Griffin in an edition of Climb magazine summarizing all of the routes on the mountain- I'm trying to find a copy that I saved somewhere- well worth taking a look at it. There are approx half a dozen routes on the mountain from memory.

I tried a route on the north face of Kyajo Ri in the autumn of 2015, and at the time the south face of Phari Lapcha looked much drier than in previous photos. 

Andy Parkin did a route to the right of Snottys gully on the butress/peak to the north of Phari Lapcha which is sometimes called Dawa Peak.

Post edited at 11:33
In reply to Rick Asher:

I've found a PDF copy of the article mentioned above, send me an email if you'd like me to forward it to you.

OP Rick Asher 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Will_Thomas_Harris:

Mailed you 👍

OP Rick Asher 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Hannah V:

Yes, initially I was using gaigps but since had a look on a map and it’s Phari Lapche 6017m

Post edited at 16:55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...