Cogne Covid PCR/LFD testing availabilty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick Mitchell 11 Jan 2022

Hello all,

we're going to Cogne for a spot of ice climbing soon.

Under the present rules we're going to need a PCR/LFD within 48/24 hours of leaving from Cogne.

Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Cogne that provides certificated testing?

The local pharmacy does do testing but there's no information on whether they provide the certificates needed for travelling.

We know there are places in Aosta but we'd rather not do the trek if at all possible and waste valuable climbing time.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Kimberley 12 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Mitchell:

You haven't mentioned where you are returning to but if its the UK you don't need pre departure tests any longer but you do need to test when you return to the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-c...

Post edited at 09:41
 beardy mike 12 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Mitchell:

Buy them before you go and take them with you. I used Randox Health at Christmas. You upload a photo of the result using an app on your phone and you get a certificate more or less immediately. You need to Antigen test with 24 hours of departure to Italy and then do a PCR within 48 hours of arriving back in the UK. You can get all the tests as a bundle.

Post edited at 09:42
 smithaldo 12 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Mitchell: you also need one before you go to be let into italy at the moment.  Basically you buy them off the internet and do them (lateral flows) then there’s an app you scan the pic of and it generates a certificate in the app that you show when you land. You probably also need to do a passenger locator form for italy (and a uk one for return)  I used randox when I went to Spain but if it’s lateral flows buy two as one of ours didn’t work!!!! Actually not as crucial now I guess as this was when you had to use it to fly back and it was Spain on a Sunday so nowhere open to buy another!!!

smithaldo 12 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike: they’ve dropped the one on the way home now 👍

beardy mike 12 Jan 2022
In reply to smithaldo:

Yep - edited my post

Kimberley 12 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike:

The rules have changed since Christmas, no test in country before you return to UK and only LFT within 48hrs in UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-c...

smithaldo 12 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike: ooh Mike what’s the general rules like in Italy at the mo? Masks in public?? Might be coming out first week of feb but mulling over hassle v pleasure factor  

beardy mike 12 Jan 2022
In reply to smithaldo:

It depends on the region you're visiting. If its a "yellow" zone you must wear a mask if there is a chance of meeting other people in a public space. In theory that would mean anywhere outside, but in practice I don't think that that is enforceable. I doubt the carabineri will be walking in to ice climbs to check if you are masked up... However in towns etc you will be expected to mask. Here is the current list of yellow zones: https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoC...

Post edited at 10:05
 CPH 15 Jan 2022
In reply to Kimberley:

I'm wondering how it would all work if I am driving from UK through France into Italy, and then back.

Need a test within timescale to get into France; would this suffice also to get into Italy if within timescale?

On return don't need a test to get back into UK but what about getting into France from Italy?

My 'google' research so far suggests that if you're an Italian living in Italy that you would not need a test, but I'm not sure yet about the situation for a UK citizen.

Post edited at 15:49
 beardy mike 15 Jan 2022
In reply to CPH:

My experience has been once you are in France there are no checks until you get back to calais. You should to be legal, comply with each country's regulations but I think in practice you would be unlucky to be stopped let alone castigated. When I went in Octber I took the antigen test with me and did it in the hotel on the day I was leaving to get into Italy. I did a lateral flow effort leaving for France just to make sure I wasn't going to get half way and then face disaster...

CPH 15 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike:

..so I'm heading home to the UK from Italy, from the Aosta Valley, what checks would be undertaken at the Mont Blanc tunnel?..by French customs/authorities?...to let me into France...a very recent negative test result done in Italy?... a passenger locator form to enter France?...I would be spending 1 night in a hotel In France before heading for the Channel Tunnel. 

Thanks in advance.

smithaldo 15 Jan 2022
In reply to CPH: ha…. yeah come on mike….. as the uk ambassador to Italy what’s the sketch???????

oh wait no you’re just a random ukc guy…

beardy mike 16 Jan 2022
In reply to CPH:

No idea whether there are checks at the MBT, but as far as I know they haven't got checks at the borders once you are in the EU. For France you need to fill out the Declaration sur l'honeur. Not sure what the testing regs are but a Google should sort that out...

CPH 16 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks for that.

OP Nick Mitchell 24 Jan 2022
In reply to beardy mike:

Thank you for that.  Just the solution we need.  LFDs only needed now.

Cheerio

Nick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...