The Piano

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 22 Feb 2023

Channel 4 tonight.

If you didn't see it, you should go on catch up to watch it to see Lucy. An incredible 13 year old with sensory issues and totally blind....and an absolutely incredible pianist!

Bottom Clinger 23 Feb 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

I saw it, and was moved to tears. Mind blowing. 

Mal Grey 23 Feb 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

Totally agree, her playing had me pretty emotional too.

SATTY 23 Feb 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

Unbelievable, I trained as a piano teacher in the  70s and never seen  anything like it

In reply to girlymonkey:

My partners nephew is Lucy's piano teacher.

OP girlymonkey 23 Feb 2023
In reply to Deleated bagger:

Wow! What an amazing job!

Rog Wilko 24 Feb 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

Watched it last night and agree with your sentiments. Even Mrs Wilko who tends not to cry easily, was blubbing a bit. Lang Lang was virtually speechless. 
I think what makes it so touching is the combination of one’s sadness that any family should have to suffer in those ways and the joy of seeing such a damaged child do such a wonderful thing. If this had been the plot of a film it would be dismissed as vanishingly unbelievable.

Is The Piano the new Repair Shop in the comfort TV stakes? And is Claudia W. as lovable in real life as she appears on the screen?

Dave Ferguson 24 Feb 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

thanks for the heads up, that was truly amazing to watch 

Jim Lancs 24 Feb 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Is The Piano the new Repair Shop in the comfort TV stakes? And is Claudia W. as lovable in real life as she appears on the screen?

I don’t see how there can be another series. The premise of it being a secret competition is now ‘public’.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...