Sorting through old CDs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 02 Sep 2022

Not many left, looking to ditch more.

Found 'The Analogue Theatre' by CJ Bolland and played The Prophet...

Wow!

Wahoo. 

Got my hairs on end. 

Now, where do I find a freakin time machine back to 1996 and do the end of that decade again

Can't be the only one who wants to head that way...

Great tunes, no Ukrainian war, no Brexit, no Trump, still hope for the environment, Conservatives soon out, pre 9/11. EU expanding east...optomism! Getting wasted and no Facebook or Instagram to fear. No-one holding up phones at clubs...

Robert Durran 02 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

And CD's! None of this unfathomable mp3 nonsense or whatever it's called. Good times.

OP Flinticus 02 Sep 2022
In reply to Robert Durran:

Sorry but CDs...vinyl for me! Still buying the odd record.

I bought CDs predicated on the lie they were indestructible! So many skips and jumps.

In reply to Flinticus:

> Sorry but CDs...vinyl for me! Still buying the odd record.

> I bought CDs predicated on the lie they were indestructible! So many skips and jumps.

Yes, but you can't play vinyl in your car. I was so pleased when I bought a car a few months ago that it had a CD player in it - just can't face switching to whatever I am meant to switch to.

OP Flinticus 02 Sep 2022

I just plug my phone in as the car has an auxiliary input and stream Spotify. 

Whatever about technology, being able to access so much music and podcasts is amazing. And keeps the car floor free of CDs!

In reply to Flinticus:

> I just plug my phone in as the car has an auxiliary input and stream Spotify. 

Sounds a nightmare. Shall probably have to bite the bullet with my next car. Hopefully a decade....

OP Flinticus 02 Sep 2022

No, you're missing out. History, geography, basically any subject will have a podcast. Very interesting and great for long journeys in the car.

I drove 2 hrs on the M74 to a graham in the Borders and hardly noticed it, listening to one on Roman genocide of Carthage.

That's not possible via any old school medium.

In reply to Flinticus:

Yes, I have tried dabbling with some success in downloading podcasts. Just words like "streaming" and "spotify" terrify me!

OP Flinticus 02 Sep 2022

If you can manage your UKC account and post, you're already doing more than is required to stream via Spotify. Just think of streaming like turning on a tap, but rather than water, sound comes out! Spotify is the reservoir.

TechnoJim 02 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

"I'm here to tear down everything around you..."

It's an absolute belter. Late 90's techno was a golden period.

kevin stephens 02 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

One of the pleasures for me of enjoying musc is knowing that I’m not on the internet, and browsing my CD shelves

midgen 03 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

Now is a great time to buy CD's. I've got a fairly decent vinyl collection, but the prices are insane now. 

I've switched to CD's again, you can pick up 20 second hand CD's for the price of a single record these days. I will never sell any of my music! 

Blue Straggler 06 Sep 2022
In reply to midgen:

I bought twelve Melanie LPs in good condition at my local Oxfam on Saturday for £43. Guessing a local fan recently died and their partner/spouse HATES Melanie 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...