Ronnie Wood's 2007 Autobigraphy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 30 Nov 2020

It's rubbish.  He manages to make being a rock star sound genuinely boring. 

Sean Kelly 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

I always thought being a rock star was boring!

Removed User 30 Nov 2020

I'm reading the Motley Crue autobiography, 'The Dirt' - fecking outrageous I tell thee.

graeme jackson 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Removed User:

> I'm reading the Motley Crue autobiography, 'The Dirt' - fecking outrageous I tell thee.

The movie is ridiculous (and probably accurate).

Lankyman 30 Nov 2020

I've read a lot of rock star bio's and most of them are quite interesting. Eg Chrissy Hynde getting caught up in the Kent State shooting in America.

In reply to Lankyman:

I  don't think Wood has ever been sober or straight long enough to notice anything going on around him that doesn't involve him at the centre of it.

IM 30 Nov 2020

> It's rubbish.  He manages to make being a rock star sound genuinely boring. 

I read that and thought the same.

Not rock but jazz, but nothing I have read quite matches the self destructive debauchery of jazz great Art Pepper's biog 'Straight Life'. I was engrossed and grossed out in equal measure.. how he did what he did and still produced such great music is a wonder.

Lankyman 30 Nov 2020
In reply to IM:

> I read that and thought the same.

> Not rock but jazz, but nothing I have read quite matches the self destructive debauchery of jazz great Art Pepper's biog 'Straight Life'. I was engrossed and grossed out in equal measure.. how he did what he did and still produced such great music is a wonder.

Hmmmm ..... Nice!

IanNicBit 30 Nov 2020

I read Keith Richards’ autobiography a couple of years ago and really enjoyed that.

Andy Clarke 30 Nov 2020

Thinking of fellow Stones, have you read Keef's? I thought it was highly entertaining. And it's got a great inside cover showing the spines of some of his cherished LPs. His love and respect for the blues comes out really strongly - a living rebuke to some other rock megastars who tried to rip the old bluesmen off. It was published in 2010 - who knows, given his constitution, maybe he'll live long enough for volume 2!

graeme jackson 30 Nov 2020
In reply to IM:

> I read that and thought the same.

> Not rock but jazz, but nothing I have read quite matches the self destructive debauchery of jazz great Art Pepper's biog 'Straight Life'. I was engrossed and grossed out in equal measure.. how he did what he did and still produced such great music is a wonder.

Have a read of charles mingus' behind the underdog. 

IM 30 Nov 2020
In reply to graeme jackson:

> Have a read of charles mingus' behind the underdog. 

I have it and read half of it but put it to one side. I will go back to it. 

[PS - Beneath] 

In reply to Andy Clarke:

No, but I would like to. Mozart to Salieri!

Hat Dude 01 Dec 2020

Rock Star?

He's just been a glorified session man since 1975

Removed User 01 Dec 2020

Maybe with the Stones, but he seems to be having fun in all those Faces videos.

graeme jackson 01 Dec 2020
In reply to IM:

> I have it and read half of it but put it to one side. I will go back to it. 

> [PS - Beneath] 

I knew it would be . hummed and hah'd but couldn't be bothered to go into the other room to check the bookcase  

Tom Valentine 01 Dec 2020

There must be a Ronnie Pickering  autobiography out there somewhere and I get the impression that we're all supposed to have read it.

Lankyman 01 Dec 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> There must be a Ronnie Pickering  autobiography out there somewhere and I get the impression that we're all supposed to have read it.

If there is, it will probably be called 'D'you Know Who I am?' and feature a lot of bare knuckle fighting stories.

Post edited at 14:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...