Cheddar Climbs Route - Thank You Dr S

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cusco 24 Feb 2023

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/biking/cheddar_and_ebbor_gorges-754509#bo...

Just a quick thank you to Dr S for an excellent route recommendation in the archived thread which I did today. Insomnia, two hours sleep and insufficient fuelling and hydration in the last two days made ‘Draycott Steep’ ‘Bloody Draycott Steep’. The Mendip’s version of Salcombe Hill. Still, eating fish and chips in the Gorge on a rock in the sun watching a party of three on Corrie was a nice end. Rock climbing seems far more sensible. I must get back to it after scratching this road cycling itch for a little bit longer. 

Toby_W 24 Feb 2023
In reply to Cusco:

Fantastic, just looked at the route and it is a good one, it’s not just that Draycott is steep, it’s that it’s a straight line so you can look a head for that physiological sucker punch at just how much suffering is in store for you🤣🤣

Cheers

Toby

OP Cusco 24 Feb 2023
In reply to Toby_W:

A straight line psychological sucker punch indeed. For me made worse when vans and cars are heading up behind you on the steep. 

The Gorge was straightforward, Deersleap was fine but that was something else as a first steep hill of the year after the lack of sleep and consequent lack of energy. Must go back for more. 😀

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...