Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd based in Alfreton, Derbyshire specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer. The successful candidate will design Rab® clothing, have an enthusiastic and team-orientated approach, a love of great gear and bring a wealth of experience to the role. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful company that's really going places. Reporting to the Design Director you will be responsible for the following:
• To take a leading role in the Apparel team in designing innovative, functional, attractive and commercial products.
• To be fully engaged in the complete design process, from origination of design concepts and briefs, including working on given briefs, to support of all range planning activities, through prototyping to salesman samples and review.
• To update a wide knowledge of - and conduct targeted research into – the market and usage via media, trade shows, retail visits, own wear and athlete liaison.
• To use extensive and detailed knowledge of performance fabrics and technologies to contribute to materials innovation and selection.
• To produce product specifications in the detail required to realise the garment successfully and within cost, working closely with the Technical department.
• To liaise with and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose.
• Excellent creative flair, commercial acumen and sound judgement.
• Versatility to work on a broad range of product categories.
• A passion for the outdoors and a wide, continually updating knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment in the market.
• Sophisticated aesthetic skills in colour, trim and fabric selection.
• Detailed understanding of fit requirements and garment construction.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of performance fabrics and technologies.
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines.
• Personal qualities: team orientated, good negotiator and inspiring communicator; highly enthusiastic and cooperative, inquisitive and energetic.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Deep involvement in the performance outdoor clothing market and experience in a similar position with relevant brand(s).
• Previous experience of liaising with and visiting factories in Asia.
• Familiar with and willing to broaden knowledge of the different design requirements of international markets.
• Experience using Excel, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
• Relevant Design qualification(s).
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter clearly stating salary expectations to Lee Jones, HR Coordinator Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 28th July 2017