A route that is steeped in history, and the classic of the buttress, but it is frequently the scene of benightments! Start below the right-hand end of Heather Shelf.
1) 20m. Follow the groove to Heather Shelf.
2) 30m. Climb diagonally rightwards rounding two ribs. Just round the second, climb upwards to belay 4m left of a prominent spike, level with a dog-leg in the corner to the right.
3) 15m. Climb up to belay left of a quartz band.
4) 25m. Move right and climb the quartz band. The groove above is tricky and leads to moves rightwards to some ledges. Move onto the right-hand side of the rib to the right and climb it to a spike belay.
5) 33m. A vegetated groove up and right leads to a tall, thin plank-like block.
6) 33m. Scramble up rightwards to reach the Great Terrace - a large grassy shelf - and belay to the right of this below and left of a red wall with 'RW' etched in the base. © Rockfax
Classic Rock, North Wales Rock Graded List, UK's best Diffs and V.diffs, Mountain Rock (big mid grade summit routes on rock!), Best Multi-pitch Severe and Hard Severe, CUMC Ticklist, North wales road to ruins HVS, 2016 Targets, The Big Easys, George's Ultimate Easy to Mid Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist, Mountain Rock, Dougs 2020 ToDo List
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents