A great traditional climbing expedition with plenty of adventure and variety. Start below a head-height ledge next to a gravel patch, just after a short scramble up a step onto Green Ledge.
1) 10m. Gain the ledge and continue to a belay below the huge corner/gully.
2) 26m. Climb the corner/gully to a grassy ledge with a curving chimney-crack on the right wall.
3) 28m. Climb the curving chimney-crack to a ledge and then climb a broken corner to another ledge.
4) 14m. Climb a little way up the chimney before thrutching up the wide crack (the 'Stomach Traverse') that branches right. Belay on the ledge above.
5) 25m. Take the steep, chockstone infested chimney to a vegetated ledge and then move left to the 'Split Blocks'. Head into the gap and then up the chimney/crack between the blocks to gain their top. Move left passing 'The Strid' to a big ledge.
6) 4a, 9m. 'The Nose'. From the corner, tackle the nose on the left via a boulder problem to easier ground then a ledge and belay. Alternatively climb up on good holds to a flake that can be hand traversed left to the belay, HS 4a. © Rockfax
Connoisseur's Classic Rock, Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, Lakeland's Greatest Pioneers, Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District, Mountain Rock, James and Leah's Multipitch madness (nice climbs)
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents