The two independent pitches are well worth a visit; each proves to be very different from the other. Start as for Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
1) 4c, 25m. Pitch 1 of Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
2) 4c, 20m. Pitch 2 of Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
3) 5a, 21m. Follow the steep, wide crack-line awkwardly until a move left gains a bay on the left. Block and belay.
4) 5a, 11m. Move up the corner above, past a flat wedged block to a thin traverse line rightwards. Make some fingery moves right to better holds and climb a short corner that heads up to the belay on the pinnacle.
5) 15m. Pitch 6 of Troutdale Pinnacle. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
The quote in the Borrowdale guide book on the FA is incorrect. This incident happened when I was doing a second ascent with Jim Barber and got the wrong way around in the crack on P3. The FA by Paul Ross went smoothly.
P.Ross D.Oliver 26/Aug/1954.
Best 25 BORROWDALE VS/HVS's, Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, Ultimate HVS ticklist, High Quality Adventure routes, Borrowdale FRCC Guide 'Top Fives', UK Holiday Plans, The Big Easy Mountain Route Club, Lakes HVS, 60 At 60
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents