Snow is back Cairgorms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColdWill 08 Nov 2023

Way more snow up there in Lochan today. Looks like it's sticking to the rock. If things stay like this as predicted then things should be good the weekend.

LakesWinter 08 Nov 2023
In reply to ColdWill:

Only on the limited number of pure snowed up rock routes though so nothing under V and nothing involving frozen turf yet. The season is coming though!

OP ColdWill 08 Nov 2023
In reply to LakesWinter:

true dat, this is the mid Nov start (excluding that thing the other week) before the Xmas holiday melt.

TechnoJim 09 Nov 2023
In reply to ColdWill:

It's traditional for me to only work one or two weeks through the whole winter season, and then, inevitably, for that period to have excellent climbing conditions.

Just giving everyone the heads up that December 2nd-15th will probably be amazing. You're welcome

In reply to TechnoJim:

Thank you Jim, most obliging of you. I'm already clearing out my diary ready for the anticipated "big freeze". Ha ha. 

TechnoJim 23 Nov 2023
In reply to Cuillin Calling:

No worries. Funnily enough I was planning to email you today, try and get a loose plan together for the end of the year/January.

It's forecast to get colder from tomorrow... 

In reply to TechnoJim:

Yep sure, do get in touch and we'll sort something out.

TechnoJim 02 Dec 2023
In reply to TechnoJim:

Sat in a Portakabin in Berkshire, absolutely raging. Hope this is only the start of a good winter.

OP ColdWill 02 Dec 2023
In reply to TechnoJim:

you missed the best day ever today.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...