New Nomics, any good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Messy 27 Jan 2019

All things considered are the New Nomics any good? Has anyone climbed with them?   I was going to purchase a pair but most shops ran out then the price went up. I wobbled, have I had a lucky escape. New Nomics; X dreams; keep cobras.   New Nomics; x dreams keep cobras.????   

I have deliberated, cogitated and digested now it is over to you UKC jury. 

matejn 27 Jan 2019
In reply to Mr Messy:

I have been climbing whit the 3rd generation Nomic for a month now but can only comper them to the 1st generation. The new Nomic is noticable lighter, handle is much nicer to hold and hang from, the lower pommel offers better protection agains hiting your knuckles against ice but the biggest difference is made by Pur´ice pick. 

OP Mr Messy 27 Jan 2019
In reply to Gawyllie:

OoooO I have and the rest of the athlete's posts.    It is said they 'climb really well'. 'really well'.     Just wondered what the comunity thought.

OP Mr Messy 27 Jan 2019
In reply to matejn:

Thank you. Confirms what I have heard.   

DaveHK 28 Jan 2019
In reply to Mr Messy:

>  I wobbled

How appropriate.

matejn 28 Jan 2019
In reply to Mr Messy:

I really don´t see a spike as an upgrade. Clipping a leash to a spike with a binner hinders my swing to much, so after just one outing I put a piece of cord throug the handle and now it feels much better. If it wasn´ 30 eur/piece I would change a lower pommel for a ergonomic griprest this minute.

OP Mr Messy 28 Jan 2019
In reply to matejn:

I could envisage using it as a walking stick type mode. This is how I use my Cobras now on less steep ground I find it saves my back.  Glad you like them. I thought the top hand rest was much better as well.   Having climbed on very cold ice picks are nearly everything. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...