Arc'teryx mountain boot ££££

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petegunn 02 Dec 2023

Has anyone tried out the Acrux AR boot from Arcteryx yet? Not that I'm going to buy a pair at £560 but one can daydream! 

https://arcteryx.com/de/en/shop/acrux-ar-mountaineering-boot

Patrick Surguy 02 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Not tried the boots, but Arcteryx do a pretty generous pro discount (40%), if you can access it

wbo2 02 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Very narrow ..someone j climb with has a pair. 

He got a deal, buf what's the rrp for phantom techs, g5's.....

cacheson 03 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

I met someone who had a pair, and I must say I was pretty jealous of his removable liners for back to back days of winter climbing based out of an alpine hut. His feet were a lot warmer and drier than mine in a pair of older Phantom Techs. He did say that he had weirdly shaped feet (I think he said his were really narrow, but I may be wrong) so you should probably expect them to feel pretty different to Scarpa or La Sportiva for fit.

George Ormerod 03 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

I have pretty tolerant average feet and I couldn’t even get them into these boots in the shop, they were so narrow and tight for my size. In the end I went with Phantom Techs and I’m very happy with them. I’m sure the quality is fantastic, but I wouldn’t buy them online without trying them on. 

rogerwebb 03 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

They are extremely good if they fit you. I thought at the time I bought them that they were the best Scottish winter boots I had ever had (lots of newer boots out since then)

but;

Unless they have sorted these problems I wouldn't buy them again.

You cannot resole them

The soles wear extremely fast. ( Or at least they do if you are doing Scottish walk ins )

An expensive way to go climbing 

kp1 03 Dec 2023
In reply to petegunn:

I had a pair of these a few years ago. I thought they were going to be great as they’re light and warm but the wear was ridiculous. The sole was badly rounded at the front welt after just 2 days in the Alps. If the weather hadn’t of crapped out, I would have been very surprised if they lasted the 2 weeks. I sent them back and got a refund. I’m a fan of Arc’teryx gear but I definitely wouldn’t chance these again. 

In reply to petegunn:

https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/acrux-lt-gtx-boot

Has anyone tried these? With the pro deal they're actually pretty affordable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...