COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Summit Torre Egger FUTURELIGHT™ Jacket RRP £515

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The North Face x Ellis Brigham competition to win a Men's or Women's Torre Egger FUTURELIGHT™ Jacket

Read more

In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Continuing the tradition of shite pastel colours for women's outdoor gear.

La benya 15 Dec 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I would kill for a light green like that, as a change from the royal blue and black options for men. 

In reply to La benya:

> I would kill for a light green like that, as a change from the royal blue and black options for men. 

That'd be going a bit far, if you're that keen you could spend half a grand on a jacket that doesn't fit quite right.

I'm not a fan of dark colours for men either, what I'd like to see are more hi-vis options. I don't really care too much what I look like as long as the MRT can find my broken body at the foot of the crag.

Garethza 15 Dec 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Underarm vents… genius! 

Fiona Reid 16 Dec 2022

It's still way better than pink or purple though, or black...  

La benya 16 Dec 2022

Can't a man dream of a coat of light green & that fits properly?!

plumpudding 08 Feb 2023

Likewise, totally fed up with pastels, teal and purple.

Michael Hood 08 Feb 2023
In reply to plumpudding:

Always annoys me when the men and women's versions of garments have different colour choices.

Different fittings are understandable and generally desirable.

But different colours, is verging on being sexist by dictating what the different sexes/genders should be wanting.

Of course I understand the marketing/sales imperative of companies doing this but it's still annoying.

Michael Hood 08 Feb 2023
In reply to Michael Hood:

I should point out that I'm not going around thinking "that colour choice is sexist", just something I realised when thinking about it.

I do however often think, if I was going to buy that garment, I'd want it in colour X, which of course would be only available in a women's fitting.

Another example, LV rock shoes only going up to size 8 or 9. Some of us blokes with big feet would also benefit from LV (and nicer colour combos).

FreshSlate 09 Feb 2023

Damn that's ugly. Looks like the mint custard they used to serve us in primary school.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...