NEWS: Jamie Aarons Sets New Munro Round Speed Record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 26 Jun 2023

Jamie Aarons has set a new record for the fastest self-propelled Munro round, beating Donnie Campbell's 2020 time of 31 days 23 hours minutes to finish on Ben Klibreck on Monday afternoon in a time of 31 days, 10 hours and 27 minutes.

Read more

CaelanB 26 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Good grief! Incredible effort! I cannot applaud this enough!

It's exciting to think that we're inching ever closer to that sub one month barrier. I've often pondered to myself whether sub 31 days or sub 30 days would count as the sub one month? 

McHeath 26 Jun 2023
In reply to CaelanB:

Maybe start on Feb 1st in a non-leap year just to be sure

Like many others I thought Donnie’s record was almost unbeatable and likely to last a lifetime, but here we are…

Hugely impressive, mind-boggling so, to the extent I’m not entirely sure I can get my head around the enormity of it. Can’t wait to read more about the experience, but in the meanwhile - well done Jamie!!

Now get some rest 😅 

petestack 26 Jun 2023
In reply to CaelanB:

> I've often pondered to myself whether sub 31 days or sub 30 days would count as the sub one month?

Either calendar month (in which case you might want to weigh up May or July against June daylight) or finish earlier than you started the previous month! But does it matter when we're surely talking incremental improvements after Donnie and now Jamie have so brilliantly lit the way?

gooberman-hill 26 Jun 2023

Chapeau!

Pedro50 27 Jun 2023

She's made the 8.00 news on R4 too!

Luke90 27 Jun 2023
In reply to Pedro50:

And the front page of the BBC News website...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66027099

Robert Durran 27 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> Hugely impressive, mind-boggling so, to the extent I’m not entirely sure I can get my head around the enormity of it. 

She averaged a bit more mileage and ascent per day than my biggest ever hill day when I thought I was very fit. For 31 days. It is just really hard to imagine keeping that up. As you say, mind-boggling.

Removed User 27 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Question is whether the route is fully optimised yet.

Andrew Holden 27 Jun 2023

WOW

Spudt 27 Jun 2023

Obviously sleep is over-rated. "Beware the chair" !

Sean Kelly 27 Jun 2023

Be interesting Dan to see a breakdown day by day of peaks ascended, but all told an excellent article.

jonny taylor 27 Jun 2023
In reply to Sean Kelly:

If you feel like parsing a .csv file you can extract the information you want from https://geotracks.co.uk/live/1695 (click on the third icon on the left sidebar "results & playback" and download .csv...)

Sean Kelly 27 Jun 2023
In reply to jonny taylor:

???

Not a clue what you are talking about. Link only shows a map of the route, but no detail I can see.

jonny taylor 27 Jun 2023
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Hence why I said click on the left sidebar. If there’s no left sidebar then the page is rendering differently for you than it is for me.

mountainbagger 27 Jun 2023
In reply to jonny taylor:

> Hence why I said click on the left sidebar. If there’s no left sidebar then the page is rendering differently for you than it is for me.

There is a sidebar but it doesn't render properly on my android phone, just a very thin area on the left with 5 squares with X's in them. Clicking on the third X works. Not very obvious though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...